Liverpool - post match thread.

i had this yesterday with some scouse friends liverpool were in no way playing well at all the fact our front 3-4 were lackluster at best was the reason we lost cant blame Pep for players form...
We snuffed out all their counter-attacks at source, but couldn't break their defence down. We looked like we were getting close to equaliser 2nd half. Sterling, Silva, KDB were all linking up well, but we didn't quite have enough.

I think the real problem is Pelegrini. Folks spent so much time convincing themselves he was the problem last year, that now they are confused when the team they thought was being killed by the worst manager ever, is now acting similarly under the best manager ever.

But funny enough, I think the player bashers have luckily stumbled on the truth. We don't have the best players in the league. Thus, we are not going to dominate...

When Pellars had the best players, he won the league, when Pep does too, he'll win the league. Until then, we are just a close to the top table team struggling for consistency.
Shouldn't the best manager be getting more from our players? Look what Ranieri did last year with Leicester. The very best manager's organise and motivate "lesser" players to perform to their very highest levels.

Sergio seemed "almost rewarded" with a return to Argentina after his 4 match suspension. He looked half-arsed last night and the number of times he was in an unnecessary offside position was incredibly frustrating.

I would rather have been with him than against him in this league over the last 5/6 years.
Its not about the past, its about the future.

Sergio can be part of that, but he needs to adapt his game, his work rate has never been particularly special, and whilst he scores a lot of goals, many of them are when a game is already won, he was poor yesterday, no matter how isolated he was by others also being poor. I thought right from the start of the season that it would be his last with us, because of his work rate, and nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind. The fact he has also missed 7 games through his own stupidity isn't helping his cause either.

He didnt get himself banned (maybe I'm reading something int your post that is not here but you seem to suggest its deliberate...

Not suggesting it's deliberate at all. But he's the only one to blame for his ban (which can't have helped his form - although it may help later in the season as he's now had a winter break)

fernandihnio also got himself banned as well and was equally poor yesterday.

And I was vocal at my annoyance with him for doing so.

he didnt miss any chances yesterday as he didnt get one.

He did wander offside a few times when he didn't need to with his pace. One was so upsetting as he took the ball down perfectly and was only half a yard offside.

I'm not one for hyperbole so I can also understand your annoyance with those suggesting he should be sold etc but I do genuinely believe Kun will come good again.

At the start of the season our intensity from kick off was good and we bossed utd at the swamp in the first half then dropped off after the damage was done. Not sure if its fitness or attitude. But it needs sorting.

According to some on here dropping back and defending the lead in the second half against the rags is us 'controlling' the game...in fact Liverpool seem to be getting praise for that rather than questioning attitude.

You're painting it like he's a bad guy 'running his contract down and denying us a fee' - We denied us nothing, he fulfilled his contract. What he does now is his business, good luck to him.

We got what we wanted from him, and he got what he wanted from us, then we parted company. No complaints from me.
I hate the "Milner was deceitful" position some of our fans hold. It's so childishly self interested.

Milner would not have been sold by us. Whether he publicly stated he was leaving or not. The goal all along was to try to convince him to stay. The moment a player you want to renew his contract declines to resign, you can take that as a public declaration he is not interested in staying.

Milner has been nothing but a professional while here. Did his job, and moved on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.