Liverpool - post match thread.

Not suggesting it's deliberate at all. But he's the only one to blame for his ban (which can't have helped his form - although it may help later in the season as he's now had a winter break)

And I was vocal at my annoyance with him for doing so.

He did wander offside a few times when he didn't need to with his pace. One was so upsetting as he took the ball down perfectly and was only half a yard offside.

I'm not one for hyperbole so I can also understand your annoyance with those suggesting he should be sold etc but I do genuinely believe Kun will come good again.
I hope Kun comes good again but have a feeling pep has made his mind up and Kun will be gone in the summer

Sorry, I read the last few pages only. Didn't read the whole thread.

I think our aging players are generally not as good as they used to be, but we don't want to see it yet.

Yaya (we all know he isn't as good as he once was)

Silva (Some of us realize he isn't what he used to be, others wait till he has a dominant game to supposedly rub it in our faces. Not realizing the joke is on them. Silva used to be good every game. Now he is good in every other 4th or 5th game.

Fernandihno: Yep even bMr Consistent is beginning to show his age. Energy Levels have dropped a notch.

Aguero: I am worried he has lost form, and he might have a hard time getting it back.

DeBryune: The inconsistent results are becoming worrying. But he has age in his side.

The fullbacks: All are 2 old.

The Captain: Is crocked and has been for 3

Have seen s
Angelino won't make it with us imo, I rate maffeo though

I havent seen enough of either to know. I was impressed with maffeo at the swamp and in pre-season. I dont think he would do any worse than our current fullbacks.

I think the real problem is Pelegrini. Folks spent so much time convincing themselves he was the problem last year, that now they are confused when the team they thought was being killed by the worst manager ever, is now acting similarly under the best manager ever.

But funny enough, I think the player bashers have luckily stumbled on the truth. We don't have the best players in the league. Thus, we are not going to dominate...

When Pellars had the best players, he won the league, when Pep does too, he'll win the league. Until then, we are just a close to the top table team struggling for consistency.
Before this season started I don't think that pundits or experts saw more than one or two positions where Liverpool had more quality than Man C. City fans saw none. None.

I said to my son a couple of weeks ago that Txiki and Soriano came in determined to turn us into Barca but so far they are just turning us into Arsenal. Too entrenched in the notion of playing football in a certain way which is fine when you happen to be winning but if you aren't then it makes you look like Arsenal who for about 15 years seem more bothered about winning the imaginary cup for attacking football than winning trophies.

Spot on.

I think it's fair to say that in some people's estimation (not mine I hasten to add) Pep is bigger than the club. That's a double edged sword, one edge, we get a high profile, prestigious manager with an impressive cv, who'll bring his experience to bear and we progress as a club. The other edge, we get a high profile, prestigious manager with an impressive cv who can fuck around answerable only to himself and his backers and we watch on as his experiment runs its course, fizzles out or just is, and it goes on for however long it goes on, dependant entirely on the internal politics of the club and the largesse of the owner.

Not so much an experiment as a soap opera.

Scored against his former club villa whilst playing for us he did not celebrate last season at anfield scored against us he celebrated in front of us that's why he is not liked
Yes, you can choose not to like him, and I sense he didn't particularly like his time here either. But he wasn't deceitful or did anything wrong while here.

The truth is at Villa and Pool he had more value. Vice Captain, Penalty taker, important player, but while here he was a disposable utility player. I'm.not surprised he didn't like his time here.

I've had jobs where I wasn't valued, and I hated them too.

It was strange to see dippers not pressing our back four as much as they usually do to every team they play. They were more concerned about our passing lane than their own game right from the start. Klopp admitted per game that they would cut out our passing lane and that is exactly what they did from the get go.
They actually started very poorly, then got lucky by scoring, and then adapted what they were doing. I don't know what you mean by "our passing lane" or where exactly it is, but what they did was pretty much what most teams do, they went into parked bus mode, hoping to catch us when we eventually gave the ball away, which we did with annoying regularity. They only changed after they got in front, but was facilitated it by constantly playing in front of their 10 outfield players, and being slow as f*ck whenever we had a chance to break, so that any chink in the wall was filled before we could breach it.

I'll credit Klopp with adapting to what happened, but it wasn't their game plan, and he said as much.

Squad is deficient in a few areas, primarily GK that can stop shots - has Bravo saved us one point this season? Hart would've won us 6 at least by now :( Fed up of the guy not launching himself sideways to save the ball. Aguero is still missing a top quality strike partner - not really fixed since Tevez/Dzeko/Negredo left. Can't see us winning the league so winning the CL should be priority over league and domestic cups.

Before this season started I don't think that pundits or experts saw more than one or two positions where Liverpool had more quality than Man C. City fans saw none. None.
You should talk to the right fans. Some of us take a blue lenses off every now and then.

Liverpool didn't have any shots on target! They had one chance and scored it, lady luck was shining for them, I'm guessing there's very few games, if any, where a team that hasn't mustered a shot on target has won a game but they did. That's football.

No one here is claiming it was a vintage performance but before the game we were being told Liverpool were going to blow us away with the famous anfield crowd behind them

They didn't, they got one goal with their first attempt, and then defended like Burnley might to hold onto the lead - and this is one of the allegedly top clubs in the premier league, not daring, or not able to go toe to toe with us.

Did you miss the Firmino chance when Milner put a ball through our gaping fullbacks ? We were lucky he miscontrolled it, or the 2 on 1 break where there was a marginal offside decision ?

If we had been three down at half time we would have no cause for complaint.

We were shit in attack yet again - stroking it round the defence and midfield pass pass fucking pass with no end product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.