Liverpool - post match thread.

I think he is very high up on Pep's wish list. I think Pep will see a big mobile centre forward and pacey skillful wingers as part of his recipe for success in England.

We definitely need a target man for plan b when plan a is going tits up, someone morata would do nicely

Mmmm and I'll show you 90 or so other league tables which back my assertion up. Liverpool in the 80's anyone.

There's always an issue that winning teams tend to have the most possession - but it's hard to demonstrate that one is a cause of the other.
Having more possession (imo) does not cause you to win more games. Better teams often have more possession as a result of being better!

We are having it demonstrated to us repeatedly, possession doesn't mean we'll win. Barca don't win because they have more possession, they win because they have better players and they have a better 'team' - which results in them enjoying so much possession. We have many good players, but we're not a fantastic 'team'. A lot of possession for the sake of possession isn't helping us. We are struggling to convert possession into goals.

However people want to spin it - you need to score more than the other team, there are no points awarded for who has most of the ball.

A manager instills confidence and resilience in a team. Of course, the players play a huge part too, but Klopp has Liverpool playing with a real verve and confidence. Good luck to him, he's a likeable manager and it seems the players want to play for him.
I can't lay all the blame at Pep's door - that would be stupid, but he certainly has to take his fair share of the criticism (as do many of the players). Nobody should be immune. In it together should mean precisely that.
Agreed

Did you miss the Firmino chance when Milner put a ball through our gaping fullbacks ? We were lucky he miscontrolled it, or the 2 on 1 break where there was a marginal offside decision ?

If we had been three down at half time we would have no cause for complaint.

We were shit in attack yet again - stroking it round the defence and midfield pass pass fucking pass with no end product.

It's buts and maybes, he was offside. Sergio was one on one but he was offside. Stupid to unpick what could or should have hapoened to prove a point. I repeat they had no shots on target and Bravo was largely unemployed for pretty much all of the match. If that's a disaster against allegedly one of the top sides then heaven help us...

This season so far has not been defined by a poor defence it has been defined by poor attacking when it matters.
You can argue this which ever way you want quite frankly. At times our attacking hasn't been good enough, at times our attacking play has been fine but the finishing hasn't and at times the defending has been embarrassingly bad, at other times it has been ok but usually when the rest of the team work hard enough to not leave the defence exposed. Last night was as much about giving away an easy goal as it was about toothless attacking play. That's the worry, things aren't really consistently right anywhere on the pitch at the moment.

Yes, you can choose not to like him, and I sense he didn't particularly like his time here either. But he wasn't deceitful or did anything wrong while here.

The truth is at Villa and Pool he had more value. Vice Captain, Penalty taker, important player, but while here he was a disposable utility player. I'm.not surprised he didn't like his time here.

I've had jobs where I wasn't valued, and I hated them too.
We want you to stay oh James milner we want you to stay
We respected him and he did not respect us

I think the real problem is Pelegrini. Folks spent so much time convincing themselves he was the problem last year, that now they are confused when the team they thought was being killed by the worst manager ever, is now acting similarly under the best manager ever.

But funny enough, I think the player bashers have luckily stumbled on the truth. We don't have the best players in the league. Thus, we are not going to dominate...

When Pellars had the best players, he won the league, when Pep does too, he'll win the league. Until then, we are just a close to the top table team struggling for consistency.

+1

I watched a clash between second and third in the PL which was decided by the only goal of the game scored within the first ten minutes. The rest of the game was pretty easy to forget: City bore little resemblance to the slick outfit we have seen AT TIMES this season but then Liverpool looked nothing like the attacking goal-machine produced by the most passionate manager in the world. Liverpool were set up to stifle our midfield and stop us playing and this was helped by their early goal. Even without this the game was unlikely ever to have been the attacking fest the TV expected. These matches never are. It was, in fact, the usual tense affair where chances were very few and very far between and the home side shaded it. But even the Anfield crowd yielded to the occasion - this was not the boisterous, noisy bunch of 2014, but a tense, edgy group. The unmistakable point to emerge is that many on here are never more than one step away from panic. We are not so good that we can simply expect to brush aside every other PL team with ease. But last season I fear we would have conceded a second shortly after the first and gone down to a comprehensive defeat.

We want you to stay oh James milner we want you to stay
We respected him and he did not respect us
In what way did he not respect us?
He always put in a shift, never slacked (imo). He fulfilled his contract and saw it through to completion. Please explain where there was any lack of respect from either side?

Possession does not equal control. Once we conceded early(again) we lost control. They had us right where they wanted us and we offered absolutely nothing as an attacking force - we don't shoot, we don't cross and we are shite at set-pieces

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.