Liverpool - post match thread.

Just dont play Kolarov ever again!!! . Would rather Clichy (just) or get Zab to cover left back with Sagna on the right. Delph can play left back at a push (he's played there before in his career).

For some reason, beyond my understanding, I watched it again today.
We actually defended reasonably well - the goal aside. But going forward we were totally inept.

No, I didn't say it's who wins the game... but it's a team that influences the game in their favour in order to win. I didn't see that from City. I thought Liverpool adapted to going 1-0 up and thus 'controlled' the game more than we did. They didn't adopt their usual style of all guns blazing, they reduced their attack in order the maintain a lead - and I see that as controlling the game, better, or at the very least as well as we did.
My argument is that having possession is not the same as controlling the game. Controlling is more complex and subtle than 'who has the ball'. For me, football is just as much about defending as attacking, and just as much about tactics too. Overall, they had a chance, took it, and defended it. 3 points to them. It's very hard to reconcile the notion of us 'controlling' the game when we come away with no points. It feels like saying 'I controlled the car and crashed it'. If we did 'control' it, then we certainly didn't control it very well.

It's semantics really, I just don't believe having possession means you deserve to win, or that it means you controlled the game - it just means you played attack, and they played defence. at any point in time, 21 players in the game do not have the ball.

Game management - and Fanchester is absolutely spot on.

Liverpool played 'differently' to how they usually play and this has been perceived as 'not very good' by a lot, some of which being their own fans, and even James Milner.

They are missing the point.

Their manager showed he can adapt, win games in a different way, mould his team to the scenario.

Something ours is yet to show me.

Or maybe it will take longer than 6 months for Pep to get his ideas across to the players s also bring in the players he needs and wants. Did Klopp smash it within 6 months at Liverpool, no he didn't. Apart from the goal did Klopp's Liverpool offer anything else , nope.

These things take time, and we all knew our squad needed an overhaul especially in defence

For some reason, beyond my understanding, I watched it again today.
We actually defended reasonably well - the goal aside. But going forward we were totally inept.
Agreed
And we've spent well over 100 million since Pellers left and lost our goalie

And yet we still look the same imo (with an inferior goalie)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.