Liverpool - post match thread.

I just wanted to point out that Sergio missed 7 games , which really should only have been 3.
A totally ridiculous violent conduct charge was upheld by the FA. (Other players have done far, far worse and received no sanction)
giving him a 3 match ban.
Then the idiotic action on Luiz borne out of frustration, which would have been a 3 match ban, except for the fact that it was a repeat offence, which increasedit to 4 games.

Haha! Very true.

Also, I've never heard of anyone getting banned from Bluemoon for whingring. Being too positive carries a greater risk of getting an early bath.

Ps: inwill be drinking near Liverpool St on Friday so might see you there.

Nice one mate - should be there for 3-ish. Not sure what boozer yet but will PM you on here. You stopping over the night?

Biggest reason we aren't very adept at the pressing game is that we don't have enough players with the fitness to carry it out.

Too many "slow" players.
Stamina is required to close down, not sprinting. And collective teamwork. And I think we are good at closing teams down. We did it really well against Arsenal, and at Anfield. Also against Barcelona. they created very little. We lost the ball repeatedly in advanced positions but won it back quickly. Massive improvement in that regard compared to last season. Last season we did not press as a team. This season its one of the hallmarks of our team. It's one on one defending that lets us down. Players like Stones not sensing danger, and Kolarov and especially Zabaleta getting skinned one on one.

So you see control as the team that wins the match. We will have to agree to disagree then as your definition of control seems largely dictated by the result. Again Liverpool's manager stated that their defensive performance was not a tactic.

Had Everton won against us at the Etihad after being one nil up would you have argued they controlled the game?

Granted we didn't threaten Liverpool much but I would certainly not argue on the balance of play that they controlled the game.

No, I didn't say it's who wins the game... but it's a team that influences the game in their favour in order to win. I didn't see that from City. I thought Liverpool adapted to going 1-0 up and thus 'controlled' the game more than we did. They didn't adopt their usual style of all guns blazing, they reduced their attack in order the maintain a lead - and I see that as controlling the game, better, or at the very least as well as we did.
My argument is that having possession is not the same as controlling the game. Controlling is more complex and subtle than 'who has the ball'. For me, football is just as much about defending as attacking, and just as much about tactics too. Overall, they had a chance, took it, and defended it. 3 points to them. It's very hard to reconcile the notion of us 'controlling' the game when we come away with no points. It feels like saying 'I controlled the car and crashed it'. If we did 'control' it, then we certainly didn't control it very well.

It's semantics really, I just don't believe having possession means you deserve to win, or that it means you controlled the game - it just means you played attack, and they played defence. at any point in time, 21 players in the game do not have the ball.

Nice one mate - should be there for 3-ish. Not sure what boozer yet but will PM you on here. You stopping over the night?

Yes staying at the IBIS in Stratford thanks. Gonna go to the Wetherspoons just outside Liverpool St. Station for starters. Should be there for 4.30ish. Mate works round there and knows some other pubs but the Spoons is a decent one.

Yes staying at the IBIS in Stratford thanks. Gonna go to the Wetherspoons just outside Liverpool St. Station for starters. Should be there for 4.30ish. Mate works round there and knows some other pubs but the Spoons is a decent one.

Ok, nice one - I'm in the Premier Inn, Stratford. Will head for the Spoons - should be there a good while before 4.30. Not sure what I'm doing after the game but noticed a couple of places around Liverpool St should be open into the early hours.

Get to the Water Poet on Folgate Street. Then there's a few down Commercial St but the Ten Bells is good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.