Liverpool - post match thread.

Really think some people are happier when we lose so they can claim every statement or gripe they've said previously is somehow true.

As for the game we were away at Liverpool, a loss shouldn't be that much of a shock(I even predicted a loss). We didn't get outplayed, Bravo had very little to do and it felt like that goal came from nothing really, one mistake by Kolarov and a good cross and that was it. I don't think it was a good game from either side, both sides showing some very sloppy passing really.

This performance being lumped with our other disappointing results so far is wrong though, we dominated possession(I don't buy that they let us have it because it's safer to have the ball if you're holding onto a lead) but we normally create chances and this game is the exception because we can't really say we created many chances at all(besides Silva's shot and Aguero's too) which Pep will take very seriously I imagine.

Last edited:
He wasn't too slow to get back though, he was back, and got in a good position before the cross, he just didn't watch the scorer as he then let him back in front of him, it was nothing to do with his pace, but his poor defending.

However as I asked last night, where were the 2 CB's in that move, and how did they manage to get the ball through our midfield, from right corner to left corner of the pitch, to Lallana with such ease for the cross, and where was the challenge on the cross ? Kolarovs part in the goal was certainly poor, but most of the team played some part in how crap it was.

We are so easily bypassed at times, that you can almost call a goal when the ball is still in the opposition final third, once we give it away. Its a team thing not an individual thing, yes he should have done better with the pass from Yaya, and certainly with a challenge on the guy who scored, but there is more to it than just Kolarov's input.
Good post.

Agreed
And we've spent well over 100 million since Pellers left and lost our goalie

And yet we still look the same imo (with an inferior goalie)
We are building a Bentley, but we still have an old Jag engine under the bonnet and need a good brake job on the back wheels.

Does that help you understand what's going on?

Interior is done, chassis is done, bodywork looks fantastic, but still needs some work under the hood before we can put it on the line with the Porsches, Mercs, Ferraris, etc... Even without the new engine and brake job, though, we are still in the race, but there are concerns that the brakes are weak and the engine might not last the course.

Or maybe it will take longer than 6 months for Pep to get his ideas across to the players s also bring in the players he needs and wants. Did Klopp smash it within 6 months at Liverpool, no he didn't. Apart from the goal did Klopp's Liverpool offer anything else , nope.

These things take time, and we all knew our squad needed an overhaul especially in defence

Midfield we need two physically strong players with pace who can press and run all day along and protect the defence with a striker who can get on the end of a cross

We are building a Bentley, but we still have an old Jag engine under the bonnet and need a good brake job on the back wheels.

Does that help you understand what's going on?

Interior is done, chassis is done, bodywork looks fantastic, but still needs some work under the hood before we can put it on the line with the Porsches, Mercs, Ferraris, etc... Even without the new engine and brake job, though, we are still in the race, but there are concerns that the brakes are weak and the engine might not last the course.
Looks like the Bentley is in reverse to me

Crazy statement
Every City fan I've ever met in my 55 years of being a blue loves winning

But they hate lack of effort
Yeah ok maybe a bit far that one, some really go to town with their doom and gloom though you have to admit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.