Liverpool - post match thread.

Bravo has been a big disappointment - not as good with his feet as we were led to believe
I'd say he is very good with his feet. In fact, given the pressure he's been put under in this league, he'd probably be even better if he were to leave next season and go back to Spain. Doesn't mean it's going to work here though. Cue all the Primera fanboys saying the premier league's no different.

Whilst being optimistic at the start, it looks at this stage, like the goalkeeper experiment has failed.

But the way we play now is not just a case of rearranging the deck chairs. It's a whole different phylosiphy towards the game approach everything. It will click again before the season is out but this will be in time for next season. It took K lopp half a season and a preseason Pep will get there.

One thing is for sure; this current squad can't play the way Pep wants.

We need two quick & aggressive full backs. We need a top centre backs who's powerful and dominant aerially. We need more legs in centre midfield, there's only so much energy you could expect from tonight's trio of Yaya (33), Fernandinho (31) and Silva (30).

Pep also needs to adapt to the league, there are times where he WILL have to go a bit more direct. Every team who has won the Premier League went direct at times! Ferguson's teams were always direct, Wenger's teams where before he stopped it and never won anything since, Mourinho's teams always are, we were under Mancini, Leicester were last season with Ranieri. The Premier League is a very physical and very direct league, whether Pep likes it or not.

Liverpool blocked off the channels into our attacking midfielders and we seemed totally clueless on how else to attack. Where was the switches out to our wingers so they can go 1v1 against the full back? Where was Aguero making runs in behind into the space Clyne and Milner were leaving?

Very disappointed with yet another defeat against those tossers but mark my words, Pep will make us unbeatable eventually, however long it takes, we've got to keep faith with him he will turn us into an amazing team. Pellegrini had a great first season then it was all downhill from there. With Pep it will be the other way round.

If it wasn't sure that he would leave after 3 years, this post would have made me feel very positive.

Once again we had lots of possession but absolutely no purpose.

People talk about needing full-backs, centre-halves or strikers but what we really need is winners. Determined, fearsome, serious, no-nonsense winners, where failing isn't an option for themselves and their teammates. We need the Pep version of Andy Morrison.

We are far too nice, far too civilised. Time to grab the opposition by the throat and terrorise them not just with pretty football but with our passion, hunger and determination to win.
There are games where we have been complacent, today I don't think had anything to do with that. We just weren't good enough to break them down, and concede soft goals.

I think we'll still be Chelsea's closest challengers, but I can't see us winning it now.

With Gael and Santa, City would of won. Awful choice of full backs that made no sense.

At least I was right in pre match thread about not getting battered by this high press nonsense. You would expect them to score one, I thought we would get two, I was wrong on that one :-(

Once again we had lots of possession but absolutely no purpose.

People talk about needing full-backs, centre-halves or strikers but what we really need is winners. Determined, fearsome, serious, no-nonsense winners, where failing isn't an option for themselves and their teammates. We need the Pep version of Andy Morrison.

We are far too nice, far too civilised. Time to grab the opposition by the throat and terrorise them not just with pretty football but with our passion, hunger and determination to win.

what we need is someone who will walk up to Guardiola, question him when things are not going right, challenge him to change things for the better and not be intimidated by Pep's perceived aura that he is 'God'.

Trouble is, Pep shipped that one player we had off to Turin.

I'm trying not to get into a slate pep mode, but after that it's hard. Keeper who can't catch a ball, full backs who should of gone 2 years ago and some of the most talented players in world football who look lost. Something is majorly wrong
Oh ffs. Keeper made one decision not to catch the ball but punch it. Not the best punch, but didn't cause us any problem whatsoever.

As far as catching the ball, I'm sure I've not yet seen the guy intentionally attempt to catch the ball, then drop it. I therefore claim your contention that he can't catch a ball to be 'bollocks'. If the guy makes errors that directly cause us to lose matches, then it's fair game, but to involve the keeper in the reasoning for today's defeat is nothing more than agenda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.