Liverpool - post match thread.

A poster said Silva had a good game, f,*ck me city's attacking four were absolutely abject. Where the fuck was our best player kdb playin?

Again kolorov for the goal didn,t even jump

This team is at least 5 players from being a quality side, which is frightening considering what we have spent
Think we should build our team around KDB with two pacey wingers such as sterling/jesus/Sane on either side of him. Silva is just past it.

I am gutted about the game, but still looking forward to the future with Pep.it is obvious some players are not up to his philosophy, as a fan of 40 years I have learned about patience so let's just relax and enjoy the ride

Some simmering tension towards Pep in this thread. Odd to see. The guy's been in charge for six months and has had one transfer window. Most of us said last summer he needed 11 new players because of the age of our squad. He got about half. It'll take time. Writing him off now is only gonna make you look foolish in 12 months.

Good post,sensible and realistic.

Some simmering tension towards Pep in this thread. Odd to see. The guy's been in charge for six months and has had one transfer window. Most of us said last summer he needed 11 new players because of the age of our squad. He got about half. It'll take time. Writing him off now is only gonna make you look foolish in 12 months.
Stop talking sence Billy, I hate agreeing with you ;-) a good new year to you and yours

Just realised that I am wearing a city t shirt with 'pride in battle' in huge letters on it.
Ironic seeing as most of the team played with zero fight or pride today

So what you are saying is that if Joe Hart played today we would still.have lost 1 0?
Impossible to say whether we would have won, but with Joe you get non-stop verbals - i.e. he commands his area. No accident that Joe has a better Prem record than any other goalkeeper in the Prem over five years (Golden Gloves four years running). Better record than De Gea over five years. Seven more international clean sheets than Neuer in six or seven games less. And before you say 'but Germany go further in tournaments', Neuer has played for years behind one of the greatest midfield and defensive units of all time leaving him little to do. Joe plays (and has played) behind an England midfield and defensive unit that absolutely no-one rates and yet he has a better international record than Neuer. Joe is on track to finish his England career with the country's all time best shut-out ratios. Some took Joe for granted. Like any GK, Joe makes mistakes, but because they're so few in number you remember them. Messi and Buffon rate Joe in the top three in the world.

Sick of hearing that we are "work in progress", I've yet to see any progress over MP. Right now if Simeone showed any interest in us, I'd back Pep's bags myself

Fuck me you are a stalwart, you mean like Pellegrini who inherited a better squad. We have lost a game by the narrowest of margins this was always going to be transitional have a bit of faith.

Steve coppell wtf you are struggling with that one pal, sounds to me like the short term thinking that has got us where we are, yes we should be better, but patience is required, this time last year klopp was celebrating an equaliser against West Brom, now he is a genius with this high press nonsense catch yourself on things will be better given time :-)
Klopp had nowhere near the resources we had and have added- It was a narrow defeat that at very best might have been 0-0. "The high press nonsense" you quote is what Pep aspires to . We have been patient since 2012 and if its 2020 before something clicks that's one hell of a gamble . Don't lecture me on patience Mrs 2016.

We were playing a hell of a lot better then than we are now.

Yes you are right, but we could have a blistering 2nd half of the season, this is our bad patch, Chelsea, Liverpool , arse , etc could have a bad patch.
No one knows what will happen.
All I'm saying is it's too early to write off our chances,

Recruitment since we won the league in 2012 has been wank. The day we beat qpr we had tevez dzeko aguero balotelli. A Yaya at his peak along with silva and de Jong. Barry was immense for city and no one has come close to what vk did either as a defender or a leader on the pitch. How many of those key influences have been replaced or improved on in our transfers? Very few if any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.