Liverpool Post Match

This game summed up our season.

Liverpool’s first goal arrived from a City throw in with at least three players at fault. We then score a wonder goal, but spend the rest of the first half trying to replicate the move, even when we had easier options.
Meanwhile on at least two occasions we had City players sulking because they thought they had been fouled. This also happened at Stoke, but we got away with it.

Personally I think the arguments about 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 are a red herring. The team smacks of lethargic,self indulgent smug complacency, and the Manager is equally guilty.

Also, the fans have no right to complain when we spend the whole of the game singing about last season. We're now in March and we’ve just blown a golden opportunity.

rumone said:
what make,s matters worse is they only beat us be two wonderful strike,s!we could have snatched at the end with sergio,s effort or silva,s!!out played but joe was not that busy so i get mp will think we were unlucky!lol!
weve have been carrying too many players now for a few weeks.

They beat us with 'wonder strikes' because they had all the fucking time in world! I could have probably hit the target!

We were absolute shite bar 10mins in the 1st half.
I'm not a Mangala fan but he did ok today but what chance as he got when regular players are playing like pub players?

I was happy with the line-up(ish) and formation, I wasn't happy with the effort and application, I thought it was a disgrace. The less said about the substitutions the better

I agree, game was overated, many passes missing targets.
We made them look good, our hunger,energy levels were shite.
So many players are down on form, Kompany, Zaba shadow of themeselves.
We need to inject quality signings, we haven't signed a great player since 2011 and it's catching up with us.
After last year's title, we should have consolidated this year, instead we're dropping points at home to teams we used to punish.
Pivotal period in our new era. Lets hope this FFP doesn't screw us

Thats what you get for having a shot at goal from out side the area,
instead of tippy-tappy football

SkyBlueTX said:
I think it comes down to desire. Liverpool wanted it in the second half more and we obliged. We made them look like Barcelona.

But in terms of defending and I'm not just talking about the back four but the whole team, we make any team that bothers to have a bit of a go at us look like Barcelona. I don't know if it is the players or whether it comes from the manager but we look like tracking runners, closing off space, just doing the boring, organised side of the game is not necessary or is beneath us in some way.

how can we blame the manager? He is not on the field. He does not control our passion, he does not control if we miss placed the pass, he does not control if we miss a shot. He can tell us what to do but it is up to our 11 to execute.

Mcfchamps said:
how can we blame the manager? He is not on the field. He does not control our passion, he does not control if we miss placed the pass, he does not control if we miss a shot. He can tell us what to do but it is up to our 11 to execute.

I'm surprised the job of football manager is even a thing.

I really thought we were going to win today at Anfield for the first time in a dozen years.

Foolish to believe the players cheap talk before the match.

Feel sorry for the superb support that travelled.

Pellers used to be a manager that used to adapt his tactics to suit the opposition or situation.......what happened?

Time for a rethink.

I thought you lot might do us a favour and keep Liverpool away at least,and with arsenal winning too today it is turning a bit shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.