Liverpool Thread 2012/13

sam-caddick said:
Don't like Liverpool at all to be honest but,

Give Brendan Rodgers a year to bed his style of play in - remember our first full season under Mancini where he worked on our defensive game primarily and in the end it lead us to have a season like last year where we played great football - this will happen next season under Rodgers for Liverpool, they will be a far better side.

Once that happens and they get a 25/30 goal a season out and out striker, they will be top 4 material by a mile in my opinion.

I agree with you but in my opinion; the problem you cannot transform a donkey to a race winner horse . a lot of players are realy average looks very good sometimes but most time not good

The Fat el Hombre said:
Disgraceful dive by suarez today. Absolute fucking clown. Should be fined and banned for that:

suarezgif.gif

If I was Stoke's number 15 (N'Zonzi) I don't think I could have resisted booting Suarez in the body/head after seeing that, fair play to him for jumping over him and taking the ball away.

How the ref can't show a yellow for that and instead just telling him to get up is so stupid. It's unbelievable you can get booked for taking your shirt off or going into the crowd yet throwing yourself to the ground in the aim of winning yourself a free-kick/penalty just results in you being told to get to your feet so you could try it again in 5 mins time... utter joke, but i've come to expect that from inept referring standards (yet Lawro tells us we've got the best ref's in the world... )

The Fat el Hombre said:
Disgraceful dive by suarez today. Absolute fucking clown. Should be fined and banned for that:

suarezgif.gif

He has Barrack "issues". Alas.

If, whilst speaking to the Montevideo Germanic Chamber of Culture he said he was born in Konigswinter, then a couple of years later whilst fundraising on a trip to Japan claimed he was born in Kyoto, you'd say he had "issues" (and they'd be a bit more serious than being a liar).

If, for decades, he praised his father's fulsome love of all things Smith, Hayek and Friedman, then, on a visit to St. Petersburg, announced to his hosts his father was buried in a red flag draped coffin to the airs of the Internationale, you'd say he had "issues" (and they'd be a bit more serious than being a liar).

Funny that Pulis is calling for the F.A. to charge Suarez for his dive, I wonder how he felt about Huth's stamp on the buck toothed striker and then later on when he punched him

I agree that the F.A. should do something about divers, but it isn't just Suarez is it?
And Huth acted like a thug today.

Fat boy Rodgers will keep taking Liverpool further and further down into the depths of despair. The media seem to have developed a crush on him for his supposed excellent style of football. He doesn't have a style, nor does he have a plan. Taking over from a style and structure already set up by Roberto Martinez does not mean it is his style. Knocking the ball about in defence and midfield and not creating anything whatsoever seems to be the style Liverpool have this season. Suarez has to create opportunities himself and he isn't clinical enough to drag them through games. Gerrard is knackered, but will have the odd excellent game. People bang on about Joe Allen having excellent stats. Passing it 10 yards sideways doesn't exactly make him Xavi.

In conclusion, I think my bet with my amte that Liverpool will come below 8th may well be a good one.

Hollywood Blue said:
Funny that Pulis is calling for the F.A. to charge Suarez for his dive, I wonder how he felt about Huth's stamp on the buck toothed striker and then later on when he punched him

I agree that the F.A. should do something about divers, but it isn't just Suarez is it?
The point Curbishley and Townsend made on Abu Dhabi Sports was that Huth's transgressions will quite rightly be reviewed and he'll probably receive a ban for it (the interview I saw with Pulis also hinted at this), yet nothing can be done about Suarez despite how blatant it was.

This shit needs to be sorted out properly once and for all, and there's nothing to stop the FA from taking retrospective action against divers as it is already done in one of the other leagues (think it might be Italy, ironically enough).

RyanP3609 said:
How the ref can't show a yellow for that and instead just telling him to get up is so stupid. It's unbelievable you can get booked for taking your shirt off or going into the crowd yet throwing yourself to the ground in the aim of winning yourself a free-kick/penalty just results in you being told to get to your feet so you could try it again in 5 mins time... utter joke, but i've come to expect that from inept referring standards (yet Lawro tells us we've got the best ref's in the world... )

Lee Mason.

'Nuff said.

moon said:
Think it was the funniest dive I have ever seen

I second that. It was just ridiculous, he wont get a decision for the rest of the season now the daft idiot. Compare him to Sergio who just wont go down no matter how hard he is kicked...

Hollywood Blue said:

I love it when media portrays suarez as the root of all whats wrong with football , no one mentioned it when bale (a prominent diver) dived yesterday , why is only suarez mentioned?

What suarez did was wrong but numerous times he's fauled during the game and he's not given any advantage , he might think twice before diving if he's protected when fauled but that's not the case , huth deserved a red card in the first half but he was not punished and it's completely okay for the media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.