Liverpool Thread 2012/13

44% said:
Hollywood Blue said:
Funny that Pulis is calling for the F.A. to charge Suarez for his dive, I wonder how he felt about Huth's stamp on the buck toothed striker and then later on when he punched him

I agree that the F.A. should do something about divers, but it isn't just Suarez is it?
And Huth acted like a thug today.

I love it when media portrays suarez as the root of all whats wrong with football , no one mentioned it when bale (a prominent diver) dived yesterday , why is only suarez mentioned?

What suarez did was wrong but numerous times he's fauled during the game and he's not given any advantage , he might think twice before diving if he's protected when fauled but that's not the case , huth deserved a red card in the first half but he was not punished and it's completely okay for the media

So he doesnt get given a foul when he is fouled so he simulates being fouled to make a point
Makes sense he isn't a cheating racist **** just misunderstood

Hollywood Blue said:
Funny that Pulis is calling for the F.A. to charge Suarez for his dive, I wonder how he felt about Huth's stamp on the buck toothed striker and then later on when he punched him

I agree that the F.A. should do something about divers, but it isn't just Suarez is it?

Pulis doesn't seem to mind when his own players cheat (Crouch handball) it's just other teams players cheating he thinks is disgraceful.

The man is a fucking HYPOCRITE !

dave_blue12 said:
Hollywood Blue said:

Pulis doesn't seem to mind when his own players cheat (Crouch handball) it's just other teams players cheating he thinks is disgraceful.

The man is a fucking HYPOCRITE !

All football managers are hypocrites
Its section 2 in the contract

BoyBlue_1985 said:
44% said:
Hollywood Blue said:

I love it when media portrays suarez as the root of all whats wrong with football , no one mentioned it when bale (a prominent diver) dived yesterday , why is only suarez mentioned?

What suarez did was wrong but numerous times he's fauled during the game and he's not given any advantage , he might think twice before diving if he's protected when fauled but that's not the case , huth deserved a red card in the first half but he was not punished and it's completely okay for the media

So he doesnt get given a foul when he is fouled so he simulates being fouled to make a point

I am not saying he is right when he dives , i am talking about the media coverage and non-lfc fans perception , if he dives then ban him and i won't have a problem with it but to be fair , he deserves to be protected when he's fauled all the time , media should report the stoke player's playing rugby on the field and every other player diving

44% said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
44% said:

I am not saying he is right when he dives , i am talking about the media coverage and non-lfc fans perception , if he dives then ban him and i won't have a problem with it but to be fair , he deserves to be protected when he's fauled all the time , media should report the stoke player's playing rugby on the field and every other player diving
I think the reason he gets little protection is because the refs dont know when he is diving or not. He isn't the hardest player to fairly knock off the ball either. I agree every player should be punished but the media only concentrate on the foreign divers. Gerrard has won Liverpool so many dubious penalties its not even funny, while Bale falls over when the wind changes direction and Shearer was allowed to assault players without charge

BoyBlue_1985 said:
44% said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I think the reason he gets little protection is because the refs dont know when he is diving or not. He isn't the hardest player to fairly knock off the ball either. I agree every player should be punished but the media only concentrate on the foreign divers. Gerrard has won Liverpool so many dubious penalties its not even funny, while Bale falls over when the wind changes direction and Shearer was allowed to assault players without charge

That's his problem, when he is genuinely fouled he always makes a song and dance about it. Shame really, because he is a good footballer.

The problem with suarez is his mindset and it is the problem that will prevent him from ever becoming a top striker, messi, tevez, aguero to name but three are fouled constantly but their mindset is to head for goal and score. Suarez's mindset is to go to ground as soon as he is touched whether it is a foul or not and it is that mindset that will stop him scoring the goals he possibly could.

Yes he dives and yes sometimes he is fouled and sometimes he is not but that happens to numerous players its how the players decide they want to react to that, that will decide on what type of players they become. He cant expect protection all the time as no one gets protection all the time, he cant expect refs to get every one right they get more wrong than they do right but the fact is if he goes over like hes been shot at every opportunity it is going to hinder him more often than not and all the cajoling and explanations from liverpool fans saying that he is misunderstood, to quick for the ref to see etc isnt going to work only changing his mindset from going to ground to going for goal will help him see his potential and unfortunately i cant see that happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.