Liverpool Thread 2012/13

M18CTID said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Being:+Liverpool+-+Ep+4:+Brendan+Rodgers+'Three+envelopes'+speech

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has opened himself up to more scrutiny after being filmed playing a bizarre psychological game on his players.

The new Anfield boss has been criticised for allowing TV cameras into his club for reality TV series Being Liverpool, which is being screened in the UK by Channel 5.

And fans will be astonished by the latest episode, which will be shown this Friday.

In it, Rodgers is seen addressing an eve-of-season team meeting while holding up three envelopes.

The former Swansea boss tells his squad he has written in them the names of three players who "will let us down this season".

Captain Steven Gerrard looks stone-faced as Rodgers then tells players "don't be one of those names". Other players appear similarly baffled.

Bizarre.

No doubt it's earned him the nickname Ted Rodgers amongst the squad

Hamann Pineapple said:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has opened himself up to more scrutiny after being filmed playing a bizarre psychological game on his players.

The new Anfield boss has been criticised for allowing TV cameras into his club for reality TV series Being Liverpool, which is being screened in the UK by Chan

And fans will be astonished by the latest episode, which will be shown this Friday.

In it, Rodgers is seen addressing an eve-of-season team meeting while holding up three envelopes.

The former Swansea boss tells his squad he has written in them the names of three players who "will let us down this season".

Captain Steven Gerrard looks stone-faced as Rodgers then tells players "don't be one of those names". Other players appear similarly baffled.

He might just find his p45 in one of them

I thought he was a good manager based on what I saw at Swansea, but I'm having 2nd thoughts now.

I remember the Granada documentary on CityduringWales and Allison's 2nd time. That was embarrassing too. These programmes don't do anyone any favours

M18CTID said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

The new Anfield boss has been criticised for allowing TV cameras into his club for reality TV series Being Liverpool, which is being screened in the UK by Channel 5.

Bizarre.

Pretty sure bacon face did that the first time the rags won the prem. He said he knew there would be players who'd let him down and at the end of the season he'd show the names of these players to the whole squad

Imitating bacon face like that is a great idea for any liverpool manager...

Not sure if it will work now anyway because 20 years on from bacon face doing it originally everyone knows exactly why bacon face did it and that there probably weren't any names in those envelopes anyway. Pretty sure a psychological trick like that won't really work if everyone already knows exactly what the trick is

i watched this last night. 4 episodes is as much as i can take.
the envelopes stunt did feel bizarre, and i wonder who approved that bit for television.
how they glamorize this shite club is baffling.
at this rate rodgers wont make it to january.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.