Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

Castiel said:
stony said:
Hulk needs to man up if he wants to make it in the Prem. Very overrated and dives more than Ashley Young. Reminds me of a young Emile Heskey.
Well we'll just have to wait and see how overrated he is if/when he comes and starts playing. People said the same thing about Drogba when we signed him.

and they were right. drogba's game improved exponentially when he stopped the routine diving (you know, when a defender got a clean tackle in and he rolled around clutching his face) and became a bit more subtle and sparing with it.

laserblue said:
Castiel said:
stony said:
Hulk needs to man up if he wants to make it in the Prem. Very overrated and dives more than Ashley Young. Reminds me of a young Emile Heskey.
Well we'll just have to wait and see how overrated he is if/when he comes and starts playing. People said the same thing about Drogba when we signed him.

and they were right. drogba's game improved exponentially when he stopped the routine diving (you know, when a defender got a clean tackle in and he rolled around clutching his face) and became a bit more subtle and sparing with it.
Let's hope Mario goes through the same journey of discovery, so he can become the player many of us think he's capable of.

laserblue said:
Drogba's blatant cheating game was more than likely under instruction from Mourinho. But I was talking about people underrating him as a player.

Rodgers is already banging on about 'istree. Shame, as I used to think he was alright.

Rodgers will fail. Of that I am certain. The Scousers will have their 'Bring Rafa Home' and 'Bring Back The King' banners unfurled in no time.

Kun Aguero said:
tumblr_m4upwyhbpk1qd4720o1_500.png

At the risk of making myself look stupid for not understanding the obvious, is there any meaning to that image?

Is it supposed to mean he was the stand-out candidate for the job?

lol its just words..... liverpool fans are easily pleased then

first couple of games it will be new manager syndrome, but after that hope they carry on dropping points

Rodgers hey - where have I seen that inspirational look before? Oh yeah - Roy Hodgson.
Anyway, don't Liverpool already do his style - pass pass and pass some more, but with only marginally more end product than Swansea?
I don't see Liverppol threatening the top 6 with his appointment, nor becoming top dog in Liverpool.

lee-mcfc said:

first couple of games it will be new manager syndrome, but after that hope they carry on dropping points

Rodgers is a very capable manager. If you weren't impressed by the way his Swansea side played the game then you don't know much about football. If the scousers can get over themselves and their 'istree' and just give the bloke the time and funding he needs, he will build a very good side for them.

I don't think they'll have the patience though.

PistonBlue said:
lee-mcfc said:

Rodgers is a very capable manager. If you weren't impressed by the way his Swansea side played the game then you don't know much about football. If the scousers can get over themselves and their 'istree' and just give the bloke the time and funding he needs, he will build a very good side for them.

I don't think they'll have the patience though.
Ofcourse i know about football so that's a stupid thing to say.. Yes i watched Swansea they were excellent which helps alot as they have quality players.

look at Kenny was he giving time? No
liverpool fans wants success again and fast. If he doesn't pick up many points in the league i can see their fans turning on him.

All am saying is this is a massive gamble by Liverpool.
It may well work out or it might not, we shall see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.