Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

simonr555 said:
What exactly is Rodgers' way of playing? Swansea played exactly like 'his style' of football long before he went there. His Watofrd and Reading sides were pretty terrible to watch. He's got this reputation for playing good football from nowhere, he simply inherited it at Swansea after Roberto Martinez set the ball rolling and did a very, very good job in changing the whole philosophy of the club. No denying that Rodgers did a fantatic job there, but it isn't like he started from scratch and built up a dynasty is it? He's about to get found out within the next 6 -12 months.

Was listening to the Swansea chairman on the radio this morning and although he gave glowing praise to Rodgers, he did say that they already had the playing system and mentality in place at the club long before he joined them. Whether Rodgers reverts back to his previous managerial background, or tries to carry on with what he has learnt at Swansea will be interesting, but personally can only see the fans ending up hounding him out after a season and demanding the likes of Mourinho, deluded fuckers.

BWTAC said:
simonr555 said:
What exactly is Rodgers' way of playing? Swansea played exactly like 'his style' of football long before he went there. His Watofrd and Reading sides were pretty terrible to watch. He's got this reputation for playing good football from nowhere, he simply inherited it at Swansea after Roberto Martinez set the ball rolling and did a very, very good job in changing the whole philosophy of the club. No denying that Rodgers did a fantatic job there, but it isn't like he started from scratch and built up a dynasty is it? He's about to get found out within the next 6 -12 months.

Was listening to the Swansea chairman on the radio this morning and although he gave glowing praise to Rodgers, he did say that they already had the playing system and mentality in place at the club long before he joined them. Whether Rodgers reverts back to his previous managerial background, or tries to carry on with what he has learnt at Swansea will be interesting, but personally can only see the fans ending up hounding him out after a season and demanding the likes of Mourinho, deluded fuckers.

My thoughts exactly, mate. I haven't heard anything that's been said as I'm at work (working hard obviously) and hav eonly read the odd story since his unveiling. This is a bit of a blank canvas for Rodgers as a manager. A big club with no real style, just a mish-mash of players bought in by several previous managers, and a few youngsters. This is his big chance to lay foundations and show us what he is really made of and we will see his true style of football. That is if he's given the chance. We all know how impatient the Scousers can be!

simonr555 said:

isn't that exactly what Guardiola did?

^i'm under the same feeling that Guardiola at any other club may not be a magician, as with what he's had to work with at Barca, he seems to have just carried on the clubs philosophy that began when he was a player at the club^

Swansea 11 (4-3-3) -

Vorm
Rangel-Caulker-Williams-Taylor
Allen-Sigurdsson-Britton
Dyer-Graham-Sinclair

Liverpool 11 (4-3-3) -

Reina
Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
Lucas-Gerrard-Adam
Bellamy-Carroll-Cole

not much in it for me.

wesshaw1985 said:
^i'm under the same feeling that Guardiola at any other club may not be a magician, as with what he's had to work with at Barca, he seems to have just carried on the clubs philosophy that began when he was a player at the club^

Swansea 11 (4-3-3) -

Vorm
Rangel-Caulker-Williams-Taylor
Allen-Sigurdsson-Britton
Dyer-Graham-Sinclair

Liverpool 11 (4-3-3) -

Reina
Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
Lucas-Gerrard-Adam
Bellamy-Carroll-Cole

not much in it for me.

Carroll over Suarez?

Errrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NOPE.

Gerrard not only washed up but has player power

Love how he is being quoted as saying he was kept in the loop from go to whoa in the managerial stakes and that Rodgers was always first choice.

If true he is a bigger wanker than we give him credit for and another reason why Liverpool are destined for mid table obscurity in years to come.

I hope he plays 38 league games next season because the more he plays now the worse the side will perform.

Unfortunately for him Rodgers will have to face the real task of dropping him next season assuming his crocked legs stand up because as poor as Liverpool are in midfield , he offers them nothing anymore and is quickly going down the Carragher road to oblivion.

Re: Gerrard not only washed up but has player power

Why would you not keep your club captain and Mr Liverpool involved with it to gauge how the players feel about it. Sounds like a good idea to me but hey ho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.