Liverpool Thread 2012/13

rickmcfc said:
Is anyone watching this Liverpool documentary? What a load of shit!!!

The 1st part was quite enjoyable to be honest . i have to say this thing is basically made to increase our popularity in the US and these are very popular over there

talksport.co.uk/radio/kickoff/120924/liverpool-fan-charlie-munich-air-disaster-181704

just incredible!! Worth listening to for any football fan

rickmcfc said:
Is anyone watching this Liverpool documentary? What a load of shit!!!
The first part was meh, the second part was plain boring. Switched it off eventually as i'd rather play FIFA.

44% said:
Marvin said:
Liverpool didn't outplay City, although they did play well against us

Becoming a recurring theme for Liverpool fans and if you are feeling frustrated as a CIty fan in throwing two points away against Arsenal, think how Liverpool fans think after outplaying Utd with 10 men and still losing.

The danger for Liverpool is that results start to affect performances. eg they lose a goal and their heads go down

This has been the story for some time now , it is very disheartening to see team wasting so much chances every match . it is depressing to be honest . we also now have kelly off for the whole season and agger out medium term so yesterday couldn't have been worse

My realistic targets for this season is to be in top 10 till january and then buy a couple of strikers and target the 6th place , anything better than 8th will be good

I don't see why Carroll was loaned out tbh, he's a good plan b to have on the bench and can at least put a header in the back of the net if nothing else. Doesn't really fit Rodgers style but if a team is dominating possession but can't score it often helps to put a big striker in the box.

I've been impressed with the way Liverpool have played though, the shots aren't going in but the passing and build up play looks good. It just looks like a MUCH better team than last season (Henderson, Spearing, Adam not really considered first choice anymore), and I think there are some exciting young players who will break through, so I would be really surprised if Liverpool remained down in 10th. I still think you'll compete for top 4 although I know most people disagree with that.

GHoddle said:
44% said:
Marvin said:

Becoming a recurring theme for Liverpool fans and if you are feeling frustrated as a CIty fan in throwing two points away against Arsenal, think how Liverpool fans think after outplaying Utd with 10 men and still losing.

The danger for Liverpool is that results start to affect performances. eg they lose a goal and their heads go down

This has been the story for some time now , it is very disheartening to see team wasting so much chances every match . it is depressing to be honest . we also now have kelly off for the whole season and agger out medium term so yesterday couldn't have been worse

My realistic targets for this season is to be in top 10 till january and then buy a couple of strikers and target the 6th place , anything better than 8th will be good

I don't see why Carroll was loaned out tbh, he's a good plan b to have on the bench and can at least put a header in the back of the net if nothing else. Doesn't really fit Rodgers style but if a team is dominating possession but can't score it often helps to put a big striker in the box.

I've been impressed with the way Liverpool have played though, the shots aren't going in but the passing and build up play looks good. It just looks like a MUCH better team than last season (Henderson, Spearing, Adam not really considered first choice anymore), and I think there are some exciting young players who will break through, so I would be really surprised if Liverpool remained down in 10th. I still think you'll compete for top 4 although I know most people disagree with that.

Think Carroll was loaned out because Rodgers comes across as a man who doesn't take cunts likely. saw him and thought he was one.

GHoddle said:
44% said:
Marvin said:

Our best 11 is good enough for top 4 , but our squad is so thin and now football is not about your best 11 anymore , it's about the squad as a whole and there we have problems , biggest is the lack of a natural striker , we will suffer due to lack of one and it has already ended any chance of a top 4 finish this season

However rodgers deserves so much credit , his philosophy is already at work here for eg. reina's not going long , just passing it to the full backs , we have no long balls from the defence anymore . He's giving the young players a chance , sterling is a regular ahead of downing , suso played against united , sinclair , a 16 years old might play today

the whole carroll saga was a mistake , he was let down that day , i think if rodgers is given 3 years time and money then we have a very good chance of making it to the champions league . this year , it will be too much to ask

Rodgers making pressure on refs:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8114086/Decisions-go-against-us-says-Brendan-Rodgers-as-Liverpool-boss-speaks-to-referees-chief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... rees-chief</a>

44% said:
GHoddle said:
44% said:

Our best 11 is good enough for top 4...
It isn't because you don't have a reliable striker, someone who will get you 20+ league goals. You've sold Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez, Bellamy & loaned out Carroll. These 4 were among your top six goalscorers last season and, along with Adam, netted 18 of your 47 league goals.

Failing to land Dempsey, who scored 17 on his own in a poorer team, was a costly error.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.