Liverpool Thread 2012/13

GHoddle said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
44% said:
Our best 11 is good enough for top 4...
It isn't because you don't have a reliable striker, someone who will get you 20+ league goals. You've sold Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez, Bellamy & loaned out Carroll. These 4 were among your top six goalscorers last season and, along with Adam, netted 18 of your 47 league goals.

Failing to land Dempsey, who scored 17 on his own in a poorer team, was a costly error.

My thought is that Suarez is too good a player not to come good, he is incredibly wasteful but he's such a good football player I don't think it will continue that way forever. I think Rodgers coaching will help to get the best out of him. Also I think they have a few very good young players coming through who can slot into spots that they are weaker, like Sterling has done. But I think their first XI is probably on par with our's and Arsenal, at least if Suarez starts scoring finally.

We are nowhere near good as city to be honest , you are miles ahead of any other team in premier league with your first 11 or squad for that matter

as for suarez ,on one hand he creates so many chances , you guys will agree he's top 10 in the world for creating chances but his finishing is completely shit right now however i have seen him scoring some wonderful goals at times . i think it's all about confidence in his case and he's suffering due to lack of a proper striker who can share that burden of scoring goals , he'll get better

44% said:
GHoddle said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It isn't because you don't have a reliable striker, someone who will get you 20+ league goals. You've sold Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez, Bellamy & loaned out Carroll. These 4 were among your top six goalscorers last season and, along with Adam, netted 18 of your 47 league goals.

Failing to land Dempsey, who scored 17 on his own in a poorer team, was a costly error.

My thought is that Suarez is too good a player not to come good, he is incredibly wasteful but he's such a good football player I don't think it will continue that way forever. I think Rodgers coaching will help to get the best out of him. Also I think they have a few very good young players coming through who can slot into spots that they are weaker, like Sterling has done. But I think their first XI is probably on par with our's and Arsenal, at least if Suarez starts scoring finally.

We are nowhere near good as city to be honest , you are miles ahead of any other team in premier league with your first 11 or squad for that matter

as for suarez ,on one hand he creates so many chances , you guys will agree he's top 10 in the world for creating chances but his finishing is completely shit right now however i have seen him scoring some wonderful goals at times . i think it's all about confidence in his case and he's suffering due to lack of a proper striker who can share that burden of scoring goals , he'll get better

I'm a Spurs fan. ;)

But yes I agree that Suarez will get better.

GHoddle said:
44% said:
GHoddle said:

We are nowhere near good as city to be honest , you are miles ahead of any other gteam in premier league with your first 11 or squad for that matter

I'm a Spurs fan. ;)

Now that post makes much more sense :p

On the BBC Gossip page on Ceefax it says today that Brenda thinks his players may start to go down more easily in light of recent Refereeing decisions.

This is the same team that contains the overrated Starfish and Luis Suarez !

some great youth prospects especially the rb/lb jack robinson???

why dont we give our youth a chance

Giving youth a chance at a midtable club gives them a ready made excuse. Also, I keep seeing and hearing people say how well they played against us and United. They may knock it around in midfield, but they create absolutely nothing. If that's playing well, then we're all knackered. Rodgers is getting on the defensive and blaming referees already. He know he's going to get found out for the fraud that he is.

ifiwasarichfan said:
On the BBC Gossip page on Ceefax it says today that Brenda thinks his players may start to go down more easily in light of recent Refereeing decisions.

This is the same team that contains the overrated Starfish and Luis Suarez !
Perhaps the irony is lost on Rodgers. He has two of the biggest con artists in the PL playing for him, and he says they need to cheat a bit more!

MSP said:
bluebannana said:
some great youth prospects especially the rb/lb jack robinson???

why dont we give our youth a chance

Maybe because ours are not great prospects.

I wasn't happy with Mancini not giving them a chance but they don't cover themselves in glory when he does so he might be right.

one game, or a couple of miutes here or there isnt a chance ( btw basing this on mancinis time as our manager, not just this year) , they need regular miuntes. I agree that they didnt cover themselves in glory the other night, but did any player ? Hopefully when guidetti gets fit he will be given a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.