Liverpool Thread 2012/13

To be fair i think liverpool do have a good side the only trouble is the squad is too small to compete 4 the league.

jimharri said:
44% said:
Our best 11 is good enough for top 4...
Tell me you're not serious.

Our midfield and defence is top 4 quality , but we don't have strikers so lets say we can finish 5th/6th when we are at our best , certainly ahead of newcastle and everton and on par with tottenham but they do have better forwards and goalkeeper

(However i have mentioned that i will be happy if we improve on the 8th we achieved last season)

44% said:
jimharri said:
44% said:

Our midfield and defence is top 4 quality , but we don't have strikers so lets say we can finish 5th/6th when we are at our best , certainly ahead of newcastle and everton and on par with tottenham but they do have better forwards and goalkeeper

(However i have mentioned that i will be happy if we improve on the 8th we achieved last season)
Therefore, your best eleven (big clue there) isn't top 4 quality. Correct?

jimharri said:
44% said:
jimharri said:

i will accept that it was a bit far fetched to say we are top 4 quality but as i already mentioned in that last post you quoted , we are on par with tottenham(5th place) with our best 11

44% said:
jimharri said:
44% said:

i will accept that it was a bit far fetched to say we are top 4 quality but as i already mentioned in that last post you quoted , we are on par with tottenham(5th place) with our best 11
Again; it's your lack of class upfront that shoots holes in that argument. Tottenham have the ability to score goals more readily than your lot do. Don't get me wrong though; I'd love to see you finish above Spurs (fucking hate them!). I just don't think you will. 6th or 7th and, with a favourable draw, one of the domestic cups.

jimharri said:
44% said:
jimharri said:

Again; it's your lack of class upfront that shoots holes in that argument. Tottenham have the ability to score goals more readily than your lot do. Don't get me wrong though; I'd love to see you finish above Spurs (fucking hate them!). I just don't think you will. 6th or 7th and, with a favourable draw, one of the domestic cups.

i will be happy with anything better than last season and therefore will take the 6th place with a cup

Ideally , i don't think tottenham are that better than our best 11, if we have a bit of luck(and fair referees) with suarez/borini scoring a few goals between them (atleast performing to their potential) then i think we can just be on par with tottenham (not ahead) but hey , i will take that 6th spot right now

greasedupdeafguy said:
jimharri said:
44% said:
If they play like they did against us and United it is, but can they do it against the 'weaker' teams?
liverpool are game-raisers. They play their hearts out against certain teams for 8-9 games a year and do nothing for the rest of the season. Would love to see them get relegated.

Prestwich_Blue said:
44% said:
GHoddle said:
I don't see why Carroll was loaned out tbh, he's a good plan b to have on the bench and can at least put a header in the back of the net if nothing else. Doesn't really fit Rodgers style but if a team is dominating possession but can't score it often helps to put a big striker in the box.

I've been impressed with the way Liverpool have played though, the shots aren't going in but the passing and build up play looks good. It just looks like a MUCH better team than last season (Henderson, Spearing, Adam not really considered first choice anymore), and I think there are some exciting young players who will break through, so I would be really surprised if Liverpool remained down in 10th. I still think you'll compete for top 4 although I know most people disagree with that.

It isn't because you don't have a reliable striker, someone who will get you 20+ league goals. You've sold Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez, Bellamy & loaned out Carroll. These 4 were among your top six goalscorers last season and, along with Adam, netted 18 of your 47 league goals.

Failing to land Dempsey, who scored 17 on his own in a poorer team, was a costly error.

My thought is that Suarez is too good a player not to come good, he is incredibly wasteful but he's such a good football player I don't think it will continue that way forever. I think Rodgers coaching will help to get the best out of him. Also I think they have a few very good young players coming through who can slot into spots that they are weaker, like Sterling has done. But I think their first XI is probably on par with our's and Arsenal, at least if Suarez starts scoring finally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.