Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Prestwich_Blue said:
zeven said:
Just seen Rodgers latest interview? WTF?
He blame the kids for losing. to Is it not his damn responsability to put out a team good enough to win?

Im starting to hate this selfproclaimed "brittish Gardiola" fraud of a manager. Its not even his own philosophy, Swansea played like that previously to him managing them and continue to play it after he left.

His stats are absymal to say atleast. 4 teams in four years sacked from 3 of them.

Such a loser
They've not beaten anyone in the top half so far this season (let's hope that's still true next week). They've got fewer points this season than they had after 23 games last season whereas Swansea have more. They are "building for the future" but I'm not sure exactly what they're building.

A fan base that is used to mid table

Prestwich_Blue said:
zeven said:
Just seen Rodgers latest interview? WTF?
He blame the kids for losing. to Is it not his damn responsability to put out a team good enough to win?

Im starting to hate this selfproclaimed "brittish Gardiola" fraud of a manager. Its not even his own philosophy, Swansea played like that previously to him managing them and continue to play it after he left.

His stats are absymal to say atleast. 4 teams in four years sacked from 3 of them.

Such a loser
They've not beaten anyone in the top half so far this season (let's hope that's still true next week). They've got fewer points this season than they had after 23 games last season whereas Swansea have more. They are "building for the future" but I'm not sure exactly what they're building.
Scary stats. wow. what are they trying to acheive? they probably made it a two year mini project in their grand "taking over the world project". So next year they will try to beat top half oppossion.

Liverpool have to be the only team in the world where you can continue with a "project" for 5 years without any kind of progress, thanks to their deluded fanbase.

laserblue said:
Well at least they're not going to be sidetracked by any 'fantastic European nights at Anfield' next season.
You could have egg on your face for saying that.Liverpool could still win the europa cup!!!!

From BBC news:

Premier League footballer Raheem Sterling has been charged with assaulting a woman.

The 18-year-old Liverpool and England winger from Woolton, Liverpool, was summonsed to Liverpool Youth Court on a charge of common assault.

Police said a 27-year-old suffered "slight" facial injuries in an alleged incident in Toxteth on 2 November.

Mr Sterling did not attend the hearing but his solicitor said he denies the allegation.

He said the alleged offence took place when the footballer was 17 but, as he turned 18 in December, the matter should be transferred to the adult courts.

Solicitor Mick Hogan said: "I do have instructions to the effect that Mr Sterling will be pleading not guilty to this charge.

"He is aware of today's hearing and the club are very supportive."

The move to the adult courts was supported by the prosecution and Chairman of the Bench Brian Upton adjourned the matter to Liverpool Magistrates' Court on 22 February.

Didnt know Pool got him aged 15 for 600k from QPR in 2010 which could rise to £5million depending on appearances.

Since our soul sapping setback at Stoke on Boxing Day we have been really good. Well, even before then we were on a good run (Villa fluke aside) but in this last month or two we have really started to click. Suarez has been relieved of the burden of immense pressure (although he was doing just fine with that pressure to be fair) with the introduction of Sturridge. It cannot be emphasised enough how reassuring it is as a fan to see opposition defences worrying about two of our strikers now instead of just the one.

3-0 wins against QPR and Sunderland either side of the year, a 5-0 win against Norwich and two very good points at Arsenal and your place (should have won both in truth). Only United have beaten us (the cunts), and that's because for some reason we didn't get going until they went 2-0 up.

Now, with Coutinho also coming in and the team starting to play some excellent football I'm pretty confident we can at the very least finish above the bluenoses Everton. Also, I am a realist but I still wouldn't rule our chances of 4th out just yet (however I think Chelsea will pull away from the chasing pack soon to finish 3rd comfortably enough).

I'd argue that we have the best run in of Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal in the league. We have played all of the top eleven teams (not including ourselves obviously) away from home. Our toughest remaining games are at Anfield (where we have been much improved from last season): Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton. Everton and Spurs in particular have some difficult fixtures coming up (including home games against you).

I think we'll finish top six, a lot depends on our next two matches against the two sides immediately below us: West Brom and Swansea, both at Anfield.

FairPlay to the guy above his optimism is great but realistically Liverpool are pretty average I'd say Everton will comfortably finish above them. If City would have had a full team firing today we'd have been 3-0 up at half time and cruised it.

Strange how Brendan Rogers seems to escape any critisim.

Merseyside Red said:
Since our soul sapping setback at Stoke on Boxing Day we have been really good. Well, even before then we were on a good run (Villa fluke aside) but in this last month or two we have really started to click. Suarez has been relieved of the burden of immense pressure (although he was doing just fine with that pressure to be fair) with the introduction of Sturridge. It cannot be emphasised enough how reassuring it is as a fan to see opposition defences worrying about two of our strikers now instead of just the one.

3-0 wins against QPR and Sunderland either side of the year, a 5-0 win against Norwich and two very good points at Arsenal and your place (should have won both in truth). Only United have beaten us (the *****), and that's because for some reason we didn't get going until they went 2-0 up.

Now, with Coutinho also coming in and the team starting to play some excellent football I'm pretty confident we can at the very least finish above the bluenoses Everton. Also, I am a realist but I still wouldn't rule our chances of 4th out just yet (however I think Chelsea will pull away from the chasing pack soon to finish 3rd comfortably enough).

I'd argue that we have the best run in of Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal in the league. We have played all of the top eleven teams (not including ourselves obviously) away from home. Our toughest remaining games are at Anfield (where we have been much improved from last season): Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton. Everton and Spurs in particular have some difficult fixtures coming up (including home games against you).

I think we'll finish top six, a lot depends on our next two matches against the two sides immediately below us: West Brom and Swansea, both at Anfield.
I posted this on another thread last night
The cookie monster said:
On the way home it was non stop on the radio how much better they are than last year

They have gone out earlier in the f a cup than last season
They have gone out of the league cup earlier than last season
They have less points at this stage than they did last season

Yet they are improving!!!!

Its the same this morning on the radio too,not much between liverpool and the top sides now
In fact they are probably on a par with them,they are so far clear of the team they were last year

One week you get beat of oldham the next week you play us off the park.

The fact that lpool played us off the pitch and still only got a draw and the same at arsenal keeps getting overlooked its exactly the same as the lpool of the last 20 years in the league, when it matters they juts cant get it done.

They raise their game against teams percieved as the big teams but just cant manage to win, twice this year theyve been better than us and theyve got 2 points, i got the ire of lpool fans last night for suggesting that just like in the last 20 years they wont get it done when it really counts but as normal when you talk sense to a fan of a team in red they think that the louder they shout the more sense they make.

kiam06 said:
If City would have had a full team firing today we'd have been 3-0 up at half time and cruised it.
What? Just like at Anfield when with your full team you were 3-0 up and cruising at half time? Utter nonsense. You'd have been tougher for sure, Toure is ten times the player of Garcia and Kompany is obviously superior to your other centre backs but we were much more up for it than you.

You were shite. I want you to win the league but basedon yesterday I cannot see that happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.