Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ban-jani said:
RAWK is hilarious, most of them convinced they've won it, some of them saying they're going to "smash" Europe next season, talk of the parade already etc.

If they don't win it from here the whole world will be laughing.

If they don't win it this year they won't have a cat in hells chance next season and I reckon they will struggle for top 4

They're at it again

BkFOondIYAAHpJQ.jpg

it's a piece of piss to cherry pick your way through opposition forums selecting the wierdest posts, there's a thread round here somewhere where people are convinced you're going to sign Messi...we've all got deluded and unrealistic fans.

At the start of the season I'd have taken 4th spot - I won't settle for anything less than 3rd now. Liverpool fans don't have a sense of entitlement, far from it...we'd be disappointed but overjoyed if the season ended with us in 3rd. Back into the CL and without having to play in the qualies.

We've got one of the most tactically aware squads and manager - no other team in the league has played as many different systems to us. If we want to keep the ball, we can do that...if we want to play on the counter, we can do it. If we want to slowly break teams down - we can do that. We've got 3 match winners in the team in Gerrard, Sturridge & Suarez and we've got the likes of Sterling & Coutinho who could easily join those 3...There's not been a better time in the last few years to be a Liverpool supporter - sustained success is what we want though, can't be settling for fourth place every year like Arsenal do.

We've got the manager, we've got the bones of a good squad and we should have a bit of financial clout to get players in. Our strategy to sign players will be pretty easy in the Summer - show them some videos of this season and ask them if they want a piece of it, there's relatively few that will say no.

Scouse_Jimi said:
...we'd be disappointed but overjoyed if the season ended with us in 3rd.

You are now well beyond that point fella.

Quite rightly , you are not only dreaming that it could happen you are believing it as well.

I have witnessed this a couple of times in the recent past in our cup finals with underdogs and once you get near to the ultimate target , you cannot help but allow yourself to dream.
So far , I have been very impressed with your team , fans and especially your manager and you are having a fantastic season but do not kid yourself you will be satisfied with a 3 rd place finish .

Not having that one bit at all pal.

Welcome , once again , to squeaky bum time and may the best team win.

Good luck, you will need it.

toffee balls said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
...we'd be disappointed but overjoyed if the season ended with us in 3rd.

You are now well beyond that point fella.

Quite rightly , you are not only dreaming that it could happen you are believing it as well.

I have witnessed this a couple of times in the recent past in our cup finals with underdogs and once you get near to the ultimate target , you cannot help but allow yourself to dream.
So far , I have been very impressed with your manager , fans and especially your manager and you are having a fantastic season but do not kid yourself you will be satisfied with a 3 rd place finish .

Not having that one bit at all pal.

Welcome , once again , to squeaky bum time and may the best team win.

Good luck, you will need it.
Top post.

Why do Liverpool fans constantly go on about money spent.

We know we have spent a lot ......but it seems that they have a total black spot and are in total self denial when it comes to their spending.

Let us just take a look at some of their buys over the last few years.....figures in millions

Carroll 35
Aspas 7
Downing 20
Coates 7
Mignolet 10
Sakho 18
Johnson 18
Allen 15
Sturridge 12
Coutinho 9
Henderson 17
Suarez 23
Aquilani 17
Borini 10
Luis Alberto 7
Tiago Llori 7
Raul Meireles 12

That is just less than 150 MILLION.

I could not actually give a damn what they have spent on players but this incessant rabbiting on by them about money and holier than thou attitude is becoming a pain in the ass.

The strange thing is that I didn't have any bad feelings towards Liverpool or their fans until recently but listening to the crap they are now spouting is changing my mind fast.

Scouse_Jimi said:
it's a piece of piss to cherry pick your way through opposition forums selecting the wierdest posts, there's a thread round here somewhere where people are convinced you're going to sign Messi...we've all got deluded and unrealistic fans.

At the start of the season I'd have taken 4th spot - I won't settle for anything less than 3rd now. Liverpool fans don't have a sense of entitlement, far from it...we'd be disappointed but overjoyed if the season ended with us in 3rd. Back into the CL and without having to play in the qualies.

We've got one of the most tactically aware squads and manager - no other team in the league has played as many different systems to us. If we want to keep the ball, we can do that...if we want to play on the counter, we can do it. If we want to slowly break teams down - we can do that. We've got 3 match winners in the team in Gerrard, Sturridge & Suarez and we've got the likes of Sterling & Coutinho who could easily join those 3...There's not been a better time in the last few years to be a Liverpool supporter - sustained success is what we want though, can't be settling for fourth place every year like Arsenal do.

We've got the manager, we've got the bones of a good squad and we should have a bit of financial clout to get players in. Our strategy to sign players will be pretty easy in the Summer - show them some videos of this season and ask them if they want a piece of it, there's relatively few that will say no.

Fucking hell. We've gotten it wrong with Messi these past few months, instead of offering money where the fuck is the guy with the VHS showing him how we put 7 past Norwich? He'll be signing on the dotted line before Liverpool have paraded the trophy on the 12th May at 16:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.