Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
it's a piece of piss to cherry pick your way through opposition forums selecting the wierdest posts, there's a thread round here somewhere where people are convinced you're going to sign Messi...we've all got deluded and unrealistic fans.

At the start of the season I'd have taken 4th spot - I won't settle for anything less than 3rd now. Liverpool fans don't have a sense of entitlement, far from it...we'd be disappointed but overjoyed if the season ended with us in 3rd. Back into the CL and without having to play in the qualies.

We've got one of the most tactically aware squads and manager - no other team in the league has played as many different systems to us. If we want to keep the ball, we can do that...if we want to play on the counter, we can do it. If we want to slowly break teams down - we can do that. We've got 3 match winners in the team in Gerrard, Sturridge & Suarez and we've got the likes of Sterling & Coutinho who could easily join those 3...There's not been a better time in the last few years to be a Liverpool supporter - sustained success is what we want though, can't be settling for fourth place every year like Arsenal do.

We've got the manager, we've got the bones of a good squad and we should have a bit of financial clout to get players in. Our strategy to sign players will be pretty easy in the Summer - show them some videos of this season and ask them if they want a piece of it, there's relatively few that will say no.

Got to keep finding the players with a point to prove, which you've done pretty well (Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho etc.), your only downside is that if you don't win trophies then those who have stepped up will want to go and win those trophies, especially as they're all brought in and not home grown with loyalties in the local vicinity like Gerrard. I suppose if you torment and scare them into staying then they'll hang around in fear.

It's what we do well, buy players with a point to prove and potential and win trophies, good model to follow.

Scouse_Jimi said:
it's a piece of piss to cherry pick your way through opposition forums selecting the wierdest posts, there's a thread round here somewhere where people are convinced you're going to sign Messi...we've all got deluded and unrealistic fans.

At the start of the season I'd have taken 4th spot - I won't settle for anything less than 3rd now. Liverpool fans don't have a sense of entitlement, far from it...we'd be disappointed but overjoyed if the season ended with us in 3rd. Back into the CL and without having to play in the qualies.

We've got one of the most tactically aware squads and manager - no other team in the league has played as many different systems to us. If we want to keep the ball, we can do that...if we want to play on the counter, we can do it. If we want to slowly break teams down - we can do that. We've got 3 match winners in the team in Gerrard, Sturridge & Suarez and we've got the likes of Sterling & Coutinho who could easily join those 3...There's not been a better time in the last few years to be a Liverpool supporter - sustained success is what we want though, can't be settling for fourth place every year like Arsenal do.

We've got the manager, we've got the bones of a good squad and we should have a bit of financial clout to get players in. Our strategy to sign players will be pretty easy in the Summer - show them some videos of this season and ask them if they want a piece of it, there's relatively few that will say no.

There are two similar threads on here & RAWK, ours says "will we win the league?" RAWK's says "Make us dream - we're going to win the league", okay fair enough they have faith but it's the content which is laughable.

Ours a lot are saying things like "yes, have faith I believe we can" & "if we can draw at Anfield I reckon we'll do it".

Contrast with RAWK... "What date will the parade be?" & "imagine being an Arsenal, Chelsea or City fan now lol".

I honestly believe they haven't read the table correctly, it's like you're 10 points clear, I don't think they realise if we win our two games in hand we're two clear at the top. There's a long way to go & Chelsea will be back in it at some point, we might be out of it, then come back in etc.

In 2012 we sang the exact same song you've been singing recently... "And now you're going to believe us, we're going to win the league". The difference being we sang it at the end of the Newcastle game which left one home game against QPR to win us the league, you're singing it with 8 games, two against your title rivals, left.

There's nothing wrong with faith, it's what being a football fan is all about but I'm just saying a lot of Liverpool fans are going to look ridiculous if you don't win it.

jay_mcfc said:
Scouse_Jimi said:

Fucking hell. We've gotten it wrong with Messi these past few months, instead of offering money where the fuck is the guy with the VHS showing him how we put 7 past Norwich? He'll be signing on the dotted line before Liverpool have paraded the trophy on the 12th May at 16:45

And of course they´ll put in paltry , derisory bids in for players coz they just know that once the mighty Liverpool have turned a players head it´s a fait accompli for the selling club - even if a rival club have bid double

I think the fact we can draw at Liverpool and Everton puts us in a pretty strong position. And that's if Liverpool win every one of their other games. I think we'll both probably draw or lose a game more than expected but the fact we have a slight cushion AND incredible form which very few are actually talking about means I am pretty happy with where we are.

jay_mcfc said:
I think the fact we can draw at Liverpool and Everton puts us in a pretty strong position. And that's if Liverpool win every one of their other games. I think we'll both probably draw or lose a game more than expected but the fact we have a slight cushion AND incredible form which very few are actually talking about means I am pretty happy with where we are.

Don't be daft mate, forget it, The Scousers already have the parade booked.

...prolli been posted already, buh' hey ho, only jus seen it elsewhere

10168184_10201913887191127_1089845738_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.