Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being recently educated as to what the term 'Abu' meant. Since then it's become apparent that is quite honestly how united fans see other fans perception of them. Is that what's happening here? Have an element of our fans decided that people now want anyone but city to win? What with talk of Liverpool wankfests and all that caper, it's like an instant self defence mechanism has kicked in where, instead of seeing it as people merely praising Liverpool for their recent run and shot at the title, it must actually be that they simply just don't want city to win the league, despite showing us the same praise not so long ago.
Genuine question then, is that it? Do some of you think there is now an 'abc' culture?

Pigeonho said:
I remember being recently educated as to what the term 'Abu' meant. Since then it's become apparent that is quite honestly how united fans see other fans perception of them. Is that what's happening here? Have an element of our fans decided that people now want anyone but city to win? What with talk of Liverpool wankfests and all that caper, it's like an instant self defence mechanism has kicked in where, instead of seeing it as people merely praising Liverpool for their recent run and shot at the title, it must actually be that they simply just don't want city to win the league, despite showing us the same praise not so long ago.
Genuine question then, is that it? Do some of you think there is now an 'abc' culture?

Not exactly, it is the romanticising of Liverpool I can't be doing with whilst the David v Goliath in terms of money will go into overdrive. You however must be really happy in your balanced world of balanced reporting.

jay_mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:

Not exactly, it is the romanticising of Liverpool I can't be doing with whilst the David v Goliath in terms of money will go into overdrive. You however must be really happy in your balanced world of balanced reporting.
We had our praise when on our run.

Pigeonho said:
jay_mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:

There's praise and then there's Liverpool praise.

jay_mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
jay_mcfc said:

There's praise and then there's Liverpool praise.
Has anyone said they are the best team on the planet yet?

Pigeonho said:
Up to a point, yes. At least in relation to our immediate competetors. It's the inevitable price of dining at the top table. To fans of all the other 'top' clubs we are seen as arriviste upstarts. The nouveau riche have always had trouble fitting in for a little while, but they don't stay 'nouveau' for ever. That is what is so delicious about all this. The plans for our club are so well conceived, so well resourced that within a few years we'll be seen as an establishment club with....errrr.....class who do things 'the right way'. A club that others....errrr....aspire to.

Anyone who can't see that doesn't know what's coming.

Pigeonho said:

Give a fucking rest for once Pige?

Where is our Mickey 'horse bothering' Quinn, Brazil, Cork, Neville, even Dwight Yorke, Hansen, Lawrenson or that mithering Irish fella from TS?

Unless its Noel or Hatton getting a few minutes airtime we do suffer from not having City fans on.

I understand because being pro rag or scouse will keep viewing figures up.

mcmanus said:
Toxteth Candles Ltd are reporting severe decline in sales and it's been reported that the usual high profits in the three months after Christmas have been the lowest in over 20 years.
Expecting a boost in sales 11 may

Armaan said:
razman said:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekpp3cou6f5eicbvv56mi65e85&topic=312377.2640

says it all....they are ready for the open top bus , parade and what not...talk about the contrast their and here !! but i know the reason for that...its CITY !!

speaking from city's perspective....really hope next yr we have a proper showdown with kun v suarez with all of kuns injuries this year

i know suarez missed the 5 games....kun has missed more...and we have definitely coped up well as others have discussed ...we know without suarez liverpool would be mid table....
Kun is good, very very good but Suarez is just better. It hurts but you've got to be honest.

Nope. If Kun had played the minutes Suarez has this season he'd be battling for the golden boot. Almost identical stats but Aguero has a better record in big games and so he edges it.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Pigeonho said:
Up to a point, yes. At least in relation to our immediate competetors. It's the inevitable price of dining at the top table. To fans of all the other 'top' clubs we are seen as arriviste upstarts. The nouveau riche have always had trouble fitting in for a little while, but they don't stay 'nouveau' for ever. That is what is so delicious about all this. The plans for our club are so well conceived, so well resourced that within a few years we'll be seen as an establishment club with....errrr.....class who do things 'the right way'. A club that others....errrr....aspire to.

Anyone who can't see that doesn't know what's coming.
What about the media though? You see the only difference I see compared to the fantastic coverage we were getting when we were tearing teams apart, is that there are old pro's of Liverpool being interviewed, and they are all faces people recognise. We didn't really have anyone like that, so as far as romanticising goes, as suggested by jay, I think that is about the only difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.