Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have breached FFP because the owners have put in cash to offset their losses but haven't converted it to equity as required by the regulations. They keep trotting out the tired old cliche about our owners getting bored but it would appear it's FSG who have one eye on the exit door.

Wowzers. Just as I was gaining respect for the red Scouse I have seen this morning that their success giddy fans lined the streets of Anfield and welcomed in the Liverpool coach by singing 'we're gonna win the league'.

I have no words for that. Incredibly ballsy, let's say.

We need to win all of our upcoming games and at least draw with Liverpool and Everton to win the league based on my predictions.

jay_mcfc said:
Wowzers. Just as I was gaining respect for the red Scouse I have seen this morning that their success giddy fans lined the streets of Anfield and welcomed in the Liverpool coach by singing 'we're gonna win the league'.

I have no words for that. Incredibly ballsy, let's say.
Yep, it's not going to be forgotten if they don't win it. I wonder have any clubs fans sang that before at this stage of the season sitting in third, knowing they could win all their games and still not finish first, without it being tongue-in-cheek?

The look of terror on Rodgers face after Sunderland got one back makes me think they'll bottle it. Hopefully, and firstly, v Spurs.

After watching them last night against a side that didn't even put up a fight for the first 70 minutes, and then watch them nearly fall to pieces when they were put under a little bit of pressure, it was enough for me to see that they won't win the league this season.

Given the current situation, all it will take is for them to drop points against either Spurs, us or Chelsea and their out the title race.

I saw enough in last nights game to think we can go there and win. Good going forward but horrible at the back, no chance they will be able to cope with Silva Yaya and a fully fit Sergio.

I love the business end of the season at the business end of the table. Every game matters. In the interests of fairness however, I would say that based on some of the output on here after the most minor of setbacks, we're hardly in a position to point to Liverpool fans and laugh at any lack of perspective on their part. They're the same as many of our supporters, just the other way round.

To be honest I thought they would fall away earlier than the arses. To their credit they are hanging on and surging even. Surprisingly THIS could be their season

When we lose the league this season with two 20-goal scorers and the most goals in the league, it will be like when we lost it in 08-09 with 2-losses, having smashed the rags at OT (and done a double over Chelsea/rags) while having the best GD in the league.

Heh.

-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:16 am --

jared said:
To be honest I thought they would fall away earlier than the arses. To their credit they are hanging on and surging even. Surprisingly THIS could be their season

The problem is you and Chelsea can afford to drop points here and there (say 3-6 points) and be safe.

We have to win all our games. Not happening--we're already on 7 straight wins, based on percentages and chance alone we're due a loss. I don't know if Spurs have any fight in them, but that's a potential dropped points right there to start.

Also don't forget that there is every chance we'll burn out, our style of football can be physically demanding in fact I'm surprised there are no injuries right now (though we did have our share in the middle of the season, during and right after the christmas break).<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:18 am --<br /><br />
chris85mcfc said:
After watching them last night against a side that didn't even put up a fight for the first 70 minutes, and then watch them nearly fall to pieces when they were put under a little bit of pressure, it was enough for me to see that they won't win the league this season.

Given the current situation, all it will take is for them to drop points against either Spurs, us or Chelsea and their out the title race.

I saw enough in last nights game to think we can go there and win. Good going forward but horrible at the back, no chance they will be able to cope with Silva Yaya and a fully fit Sergio.

You will win that game 6-4 or something silly like that. Aguero will be back and at 100% right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.