Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is one conspiracy too far but I'm still wondering how a Liverpool side that couldn't string two wins together last year are now fighting for the title?

Seems very strange that the very first year United fall from the top the medias other darling club appears up there and let's be honest the referees have been shall we say favourable to them at times.

Got no grudge against Liverpool good luck to them I just find it all very odd.

kiam06 said:
I don't know if this is one conspiracy too far but I'm still wondering how a Liverpool side that couldn't string two wins together last year are now fighting for the title?

Seems very strange that the very first year United fall from the top the medias other darling club appears up there and let's be honest the referees have been shall we say favourable to them at times.

They've been battering sides out of sight all season so it's hardly a conspiracy. Unless the teams they've been battering were in on it too ffs!

kiam06 said:

Wow.

kiam06 said:

They've had good fortune with injuries, coupled with only having the league to worry about. They are making the most of the opportunity. Plus Suarez has gone to another level this season.

M18CTID said:
superseiyan said:
This season is weird.

Apart from the run-in, and the rags collapse.....I'm learning apparently Rags and you lot don't actually mind each other after all (!!!)--I mean there's almost a love-in for you on the cafe now, and then you lot think we're worse than them. It can't be a few overexcited fans or blogs causing that surely? Is there some lingering history from the 80s? Or is it a city of Liverpool vs. Manchester thing?

Educate an American.

In short City fans universally hate United more than Liverpool. I'd actually go as far to say that many of ours hate Everton more than Liverpool due to some past confrontations between the fans. Any United fans on Red Cafe saying they'd sooner us win it than Liverpool will mostly not be from Manchester or the surrounding area. Those that are tend to hate City as much as Liverpool and would much sooner see Chelsea win it rather than you or us.

I see. We don't get that local intense rivalry in US sports.

Some states or cities are lucky enough to have a huge college rivalry, otherwise high school football (our football) is the closest we can come to that dynamic, but that's at a much smaller scale.

Ducado said:
I know it's not all Liverpool fans but come on,

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bj_bWAwIIAEsAvO.jpg:large[/bigimg]

Listened to some shit on Radio 5 phone in before.

Every caller a giddy scouser probably on speaker phone, wanking whilst simultaneously slapping the back of his head.

One caller...... 'Rodgers is boss la. He isn't an extrovert like Shanks nor an introvert like Paisley. He's somewhere in between.'

What the fuck does that mean? I thought the fucker was going to break down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.