Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris8910 said:
i could be completely wrong here but im sure now for the past 2 matches I have heard their fans singing "we're guna win the league"

who sings that with so many games remaining and so many twists and turns still to come???
I hope we fucking destroy them in a couple of weeks and really put them in their place the arrogant scouse bastards!!!
<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/5noYvI4a3II" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/5noYvI4a3II</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
Matty said:
Pigeonho said:
You can't ban me for that, if that's what you are referring to. Tell me, Matty, how is 'put them in their place' not an arrogant thing to say? It's not just arrogant, it's fucking arrogant. So shove your threats up your arse.
Oh, there not MY threats........ you'll notice I said "where WE won't sit back....", there was very good reason for using that word. One could say that a poster who was jumping from thread to thread, mocking city fans left, right and centre for their attitude and intimating they are somehow superior, as well as comparing their actions to those of the rags was trolling. That's most certainly a bannable offence......
He doesn't mock all city fans, he sometimes mocks those he considers to have stupid opinions. And he gets dogs abuse in return on a daily basis.

In the majority of cases he's correct, too.

Sounds like you and your pals have decided his face doesn't fit, because as far as I can see the whole forum has been full of forthright opinions,and pisstaking like that, for years.

I think Bayern Munich fans can be arrogant, but there isn't a club in England that can be arrogant right now. We've won the league cup, gave Barca a bit of a game and done well in the league - but we've not set the world alight and we've as much chance of winning the league as Liverpool or Chelsea. We know City like to make things difficult. The game isn't played on paper, anything can happen. Liverpool fans are making the most of being in the running and yes the arrogance is returning and there isn't anything better than someone or something arrogant being beaten. When it happens to Mourinho it's lovely. When it happened to the Rags it was unbeatable. Not got the time for arrogant City fans, and the majority aren't. If you go to the games you feel the tension because we've all been through it before and we know it wont be as simple as winning all of our home games and beating Palace and avoiding defeat at Anfield. It doesn't work like that for City. When it does, and we win those types of games consistently then there can be some swagger but until then I would say that we should all tone it down to avoid the irony of being just as arrogant as the dippers are... they deserved to beat us at home this season... we didn't exactly smash them then!

willipp said:
Ban-jani said:
They think they've already done it.

Lol.

Thats what i found quite amusing yesterday. My facebook page was full of liverpool fans seemingly celebrating winning the league. Pictures of the league table everywhere, comments to the same extent. You certainly wouldn't think there was 8 games to go.
Durham has just commented on talkshite that Liverpool fans are becoming insufferable, he is dreading hearing Mick Quinn going on for months IF they win it

Jesus Christ, why are you taking it so seriously? Its just match day atmosphere thats all. We dont actually think we'll win it.

You're still favourites.

LFC-Fans said:
Jesus Christ, why are you taking it so seriously? Its just match day atmosphere thats all. We dont actually think we'll win it.

You're still favourites.

Yes you do. Stop your fibbing.

LFC-Fans said:

You're still favourites.

The pressure of the title race appears to be getting to some fans on both sides - a handful of posters on RAWK and Bluemoon are indulging in blanket generalisation of each other's fanbase. If you believe what these handful of posters are saying then every single City and Liverpool fan is an arrogant self-entitled wanker lol.

M18CTID said:
LFC-Fans said:

You're still favourites.

The pressure of the title race appears to be getting to some fans on both sides - a handful of posters on RAWK and Bluemoon are indulging in blanket generalisation of each other's fanbase. If you believe what these handful of posters are saying then every single City and Liverpool fan is an arrogant self-entitled wanker lol.
Less of the arrogant and self-entitled if you don't mind.

Matty said:
Pigeonho said:
Matty said:
There will come a point, and it's fast approaching, where we won't sit back and just accept you calling our fans arrogant with every post you make.
You can't ban me for that, if that's what you are referring to. Tell me, Matty, how is 'put them in their place' not an arrogant thing to say? It's not just arrogant, it's fucking arrogant. So shove your threats up your arse.
Oh, there not MY threats........ you'll notice I said "where WE won't sit back....", there was very good reason for using that word. One could say that a poster who was jumping from thread to thread, mocking city fans left, right and centre for their attitude and intimating they are somehow superior, as well as comparing their actions to those of the rags was trolling. That's most certainly a bannable offence......
Trolling would be if what was being suggested was a lie. IMO, and others, there is an increasing amount of self entitlement creeping in. There is also an air of arrogance, as highlighted crystal clearly by that Chris fellow earlier when in one short sentence he suggested putting Liverpool in their place for being arrogant. The irony of that sentence was just too funny. So you will see it's not trolling, it's a voicing of my opinion.
Whilst we are on about certain posting styles, I would suggest a mod, an über mod like you, calling someone a 'fucking moron' is piss poor, though that's just my opinion.
Now, is that ok with you?

Didsbury Dave said:
Matty said:
Pigeonho said:
He doesn't mock all city fans, he sometimes mocks those he considers to have stupid opinions. And he gets dogs abuse in return on a daily basis.

In the majority of cases he's correct, too.

Sounds like you and your pals have decided his face doesn't fit, because as far as I can see the whole forum has been full of forthright opinions,and pisstaking like that, for years.

The amount of times I have agreed with the above poster can pretty much be counted on the fingers of one hand, but on this he is 100% correct - Pigeonho provides a much-needed dose of rationality and common sense on a forum that is increasingly becoming bereft of both, in an ever-increasing atmosphere of paranoia and hysteria that borders on the laughable.
I seldom bother with the place anymore for this very reason - anyone who fails to tow the party line is ostracised and ridiculed for the 'crime' of holding an opinion that goes against the grain.
Well if you want a forum full of nodding Churchill dogs who all post the same groundless conspiracy-theory claptrap unchallenged, then you are certainly going the right way about it.
Threatening a longstanding poster with bans for trolling for having the audacity to disagree with folk is quite possibly the most heavy handed and ludicrously over the top piece of moderating I have ever seen on here, and there have been some prime contenders for that dubious honour over the years.
The way you arbitrarily pick and choose just which bits of the code of conduct apply to whom is ludicrous - we all know of one moderator in particular who has made a virtual career out of wumming and being 'controversial' - is he to be threatened with banning, or does your pick 'n' mix of the rules not extend to moderators?
Pigeonho is no troll - he is simply a poster with his own take on things, and I always thought that the forum was a broad enough church to be able to accommodate and accept that diversity of thought.
Seemingly I was wrong.
No wonder folk are beginning to wonder if there is any point anymore - this place is definitely changing of late, and not necessarily for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.