Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jrb said:
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but it seems the Scousers are getting giddy at the possibility of winning the title.

They formed a guard of honour with flags and flares, as well as chanting, "we're gonna win the league", before the Sunderland game.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4</a>

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM</a>

Just astounding. That should be given to all players of Chelsea and City and on a loop in the dressing room before their games at Liverpool. Don't think I've ever heard a teams fans acting like that when they are effectively third and the 'outsiders' for the title. I could understand if they were tongue in cheek but they are deadly serious. You have to admire their confidence I guess.

Liverpool fan here in peace.

This is the first time I've registered on an opponents forum but I find it bit concerning that things are getting sour recently, it's fair to say there's never really been much animosity between City and Liverpool fans.

What I find annoying from both sides is people nit picking comments from both boards and labelling it 'this is what they're like', and others just throwing fuel on the fire and building up hatred and vile.

It's a sign of the times I suppose, the rise of social media and all that bollocks means it's a bit too easy to take a look at your opponents. But people need to be realistic, we've all got bias that lends itself to our respective clubs so views are often exaggerated. And of course, we've all got absolute whoppers that spout shite - it's the cousin you don't want to invite to the family party but at the end of the day he's family.

All this being said what has baffled me is the reaction by many here to some of things our fans have done or said in recent months. We've been singing 'we're gonna win the league' for most of this season, what I don't get here is why it's being interpreted as expectation or arrogance? I tell you this, none of us are under the delusion that we're going to win this - but fuck me we have a good chance of doing so and we want the players to feel the same.

Why is this being attacked? We're showing support for the club and a bit of belief, why should we keep quiet and not dream of achieving what at the start of the season was unthinkable.

The criticisms of the organised event yesterday where we met the team with flags and banners is just as confusing to me, it's all in the same vein. Giving the team our support and showing we believe they can go on and do this. Anfield hasn't always been the loudest in recent years it was nice to see something akin to a Champions League night. It's not expectation or arrogance, it's support. Just as many of you turned up and supported City through the lower leagues.

Just confused the hell out of me that!

Anyway, if we don't win the league I hope you guys to. Anything but Chelsea or United (ha!)

jrb said:
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but it seems the Scousers are getting giddy at the possibility of winning the title.

They formed a guard of honour with flags and flares, as well as chanting, "we're gonna win the league", before the Sunderland game.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4</a>

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM</a>

Gosh!<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 pm --<br /><br />
LPoolFan said:

This is the first time I've registered on an opponents forum but I find it bit concerning that things are getting sour recently, it's fair to say there's never really been much animosity between City and Liverpool fans.

What I find annoying from both sides is people nit picking comments from both boards and labelling it 'this is what they're like', and others just throwing fuel on the fire and building up hatred and vile.

It's a sign of the times I suppose, the rise of social media and all that bollocks means it's a bit too easy to take a look at your opponents. But people need to be realistic, we've all got bias that lends itself to our respective clubs so views are often exaggerated. And of course, we've all got absolute whoppers that spout shite - it's the cousin you don't want to invite to the family party but at the end of the day he's family.

All this being said what has baffled me is the reaction by many here to some of things our fans have done or said in recent months. We've been singing 'we're gonna win the league' for most of this season, what I don't get here is why it's being interpreted as expectation or arrogance? I tell you this, none of us are under the delusion that we're going to win this - but fuck me we have a good chance of doing so and we want the players to feel the same.

Why is this being attacked? We're showing support for the club and a bit of belief, why should we keep quiet and not dream of achieving what at the start of the season was unthinkable.

The criticisms of the organised event yesterday where we met the team with flags and banners is just as confusing to me, it's all in the same vein. Giving the team our support and showing we believe they can go on and do this. Anfield hasn't always been the loudest in recent years it was nice to see something akin to a Champions League night. It's not expectation or arrogance, it's support. Just as many of you turned up and supported City through the lower leagues.

Anyway, if we don't win the league I hope you guys to. Anything but Chelsea or United (ha!)

Sorry pal but singing 'we're going to win the league la' comes across as being a bunch of arrogant knobbers

LPoolFan said:

Inevitable if ever you started dining back at the top table again, which you now undoubtedly are.

There is a clear dichotomy between Scousers who follow Liverpool and the legions of people who have attached themselves to a romantic narrative for reasons of social inadequacy.

I have enormous personal attachments to the city of Liverpool and I have a number of friends from that part of the world, some of whom texted me at 10pm on Tuesday to say they quite enjoyed the game, in spite of the possible consequences. Liverpool fans can be among the most humorous, witty supporters around.

The problem is that, like united, and like City no doubt in years to come, your club has been infested with supporters who attach themselves to a concept which acts as a palliative to their own personal insecurities.

Anyone who talks of us as a "nothing club" or "plastic" ignores the rich and colourful narrative of a football club, which has, and has for the last century, had a central place in English football history. If anyone talks about City in such terms expect some consequent collateral damage in response.

It's perfectly natural for people to want to protect something they love.

smudgedj said:
jrb said:

Gosh!

-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 pm --

LPoolFan said:

Sorry pal but singing 'we're going to win the league la' comes across as being a bunch of arrogant knobbers

Singing "now you're gonna believe us, we're gonna win the league" is probably interpreted a bit differently by us as it is by you. I've sang it myself as a sign of belief, not a statement of certainty. That's all.

As for the "guard of honour", it wasn't an early celebration. It was Liverpool fans recognising that this is our biggest chance in many years to win the league we've waited so long for and doing their best to to play a part.

If we don't win the league I will be gutted and for wanting the Scousers to win it.
Fuck off, us older fans who remember their halcyon days, know they were just as
fucking arrogant and entitled as the Rags. That's the real reason the hate each other so much,
they see a lot of themselves in each other and it's not good looking in the mirror when you're
a bunch of grade A twats.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
If we don't win the league I will be gutted and for wanting the Scousers to win it.
fucking arrogant and entitled as the Rags. That's the real reason the hate each other so much,
they see a lot of themselves in each other and it's not good looking in the mirror when you're

Spot on assessment imo.

Hate both of them in equal measure. Grade A twats (as you so rightly describe them)

LPoolFan said:

Agree with most of what you say and, if it is not to be City , I would much prefer your boys to win. Personally,, i do NOT think you were as arrogant as Rags were or Maureen is. I do not have a second team (well, I suppose Stockport, if really pushed) but I would ALWAYS prefer Liverpool to win against the Rags and Chelsea.
PS. Shame about Redknapp though, I think he is a closet Rag but Souness is clearly not.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.