Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

jimharri said:
tonea2003 said:
dw7 said:
Wasn't it lescott that passed it to de Jong. Yaya went off in the first half. He should of got his eyes done instead of his teeth

sure was, rodgers is turning into the village idiot
''Is turning''?

very true jim

just read his full interview, outrageous arrogance and disrespect plus his total misinformation

staggering really

pulis and pardew would be frothing at the mouth i would expect

could you ever imagine manuel speaking like that

nowantads said:
"If there is any team that can score goals and turn it around, it will be us," he said.

"That will be our aim. We aim to score goals and be defensively strong. I have seen it before. Chelsea beat Wigan 8-0 in the last game of the season (in 2010).

"I am not paying any disrespect to Newcastle at all — but what we are saying is if there is a team that has shown it can score goals, it is us. ‘We are not a 1-0 team. That is what gives us the chance. It’s the team that scores the goals that will win."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-rodgers-try-pip-7072310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ip-7072310</a>

So newcastle will roll over and let them score 10? They deserve to win the league for the good of football after all.
he's incredibly disrespectful to other clubs

nowantads said:
"If there is any team that can score goals and turn it around, it will be us," he said.

"That will be our aim. We aim to score goals and be defensively strong. I have seen it before. Chelsea beat Wigan 8-0 in the last game of the season (in 2010).

"I am not paying any disrespect to Newcastle at all — but what we are saying is if there is a team that has shown it can score goals, it is us. ‘We are not a 1-0 team. That is what gives us the chance. It’s the team that scores the goals that will win."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-rodgers-try-pip-7072310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ip-7072310</a>

So newcastle will roll over and let them score 10? They deserve to win the league for the good of football after all.

All we can do is be professional, be focused and win our last two games. We are facing two very good sides and we have to respect them and just get ourselves over that line.

Ducado said:
lafitz2008 said:
He's cracking up.

I actually think he may be, the pressure he is under must be immense

Ever want to see a man crumble then this is a great opportunity. He really can't handle it. He shot his load way too early when he should have kept his mouth shut. He is a bad winner and an even worse loser.

Goo said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Goo said:
I see your point GDM, but I can't help but think he's only doing what he thinks is best for his team in terms of relieving pressure etc.

Granted, to us it's frustrating as hell, but it's amateur hour all day with him, so it doesn't really bother me anymore.

He's a rookie at this level in terms of dealing with the media, he's nothing on our Pellegrini. The cream always rises to the top
I realise what he's trying to do, I am questioning his means of trying to deliver it.

He could say these things privately to his team, without them having any reason to question their veracity. Why would you invite ridicule upon yourself by saying things which are simply not true? Surely that undermines whatever you are seeking to achieve by saying those things in the first place.

Maybe mate, I don't know. Think he sees himself as a bit of a 'young Mourinho'.

Think that's the crux. The only problem being that he doesn't have either the charisma or presence to pull this kind of thing off.

Worry about your own fading hopes and all the goals you conceed to crap teams Brenda

"City's result [at Everton] won't deflate us because we know we have to win against Palace no matter what. We know we have to win at Palace and win against Newcastle. That hasn't changed and that is our focus."

Course not!

Brenda is the dad whose promised his kid the number one toy for Christmas and is desperately scrabbling round at five to five on Christmas eve trying to get it. Shops are shut Brenda. Analyse why you haven't got it instead of pointing your finger at someone else coz u failed to get your mits on it.

sh249 said:
Goo said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I realise what he's trying to do, I am questioning his means of trying to deliver it.

He could say these things privately to his team, without them having any reason to question their veracity. Why would you invite ridicule upon yourself by saying things which are simply not true? Surely that undermines whatever you are seeking to achieve by saying those things in the first place.

Maybe mate, I don't know. Think he sees himself as a bit of a 'young Mourinho'.

Think that's the crux. The only problem being that he doesn't have either the charisma or presence to pull this kind of thing off.

He has perfect teeth though...... ;)

He's a terribly insecure budgie-faced bully. I'll never forget that training ground hard-man envelope act he used when some of the rat eaters were talking whilst he was talking . Couldn't believe it. Easy to behave like that when you know they other person can't talk back, or strike back. Dead brave.

Ducado said:
lafitz2008 said:
He's cracking up.

I actually think he may be, the pressure he is under must be immense

Think he's getting a bit of a free ride myself. CL qualification secured, straight into the group stage, challenging for the league is a bonus. He knows he's got next season at the very least rain or shine. If he's under any immense pressure I'd think it was mainly coming from himself, knowing next season he's not going to have a cat in hells chance of repeating it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.