Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Goo said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
If I was in his position and I'd elected to engage in the game he's playing, I would make absolutely sure that every word that left my mouth was accurate. To make the assertions he has, which are so demonstrably wrong (eg number of games won on the bounce, players involved in a particular move) suggests he is either:

Stupid

A pathological liar

Suffering from some sort of psychological disorder.

as no person of normal intelligence believing what they were saying would publicly say something which was so discernibly incorrect. imo he displays the hallmarks of someone with serious issues.

I see your point GDM, but I can't help but think he's only doing what he thinks is best for his team in terms of relieving pressure etc.

Granted, to us it's frustrating as hell, but it's amateur hour all day with him, so it doesn't really bother me anymore.

He's a rookie at this level in terms of dealing with the media, he's nothing on our Pellegrini. The cream always rises to the top
I realise what he's trying to do, I am questioning his means of trying to deliver it.

He could say these things privately to his team, without them having any reason to question their veracity. Why would you invite ridicule upon yourself by saying things which are simply not true? Surely that undermines whatever you are seeking to achieve by saying those things in the first place.

Maybe mate, I don't know. Think he sees himself as a bit of a 'young Mourinho'.

Rodgers, the players and (most of all) the fans are up there with the biggest twats in football. Why are people still surprised by this? As GDM, Stony and the like have mentioned, should we win the league, their bitter, salty tears are going to taste delicious.

Rodgers' done a remarkable job and I admire him for that, but his comments aren't helping on the general opinion on him here. He's commenting on us even more than Mourinho and Pellegrini altogether.

It's funny that an article about Pellegrini today consists of 1 line being about Liverpool, where he says we doesn't give a shit about their match, it's all about us, while that Guardian article quoting Rodgers has like 3/4 of the full text about us and how we're gonna possibly fail. And that arselicking of Aston Villa is disgusting, I thought he only does that towards Liverpool...

Hungarian blue said:
And that arselicking of Aston Villa is disgusting, I thought he only does that towards Liverpool...

Was the same with Everton last week. I genuinely think he believes he can influence other clubs to great things with a carefully worded sentence.

th_chattering-teeth.gif

Brenda just never shuts up does he

"If there is any team that can score goals and turn it around, it will be us," he said.

"That will be our aim. We aim to score goals and be defensively strong. I have seen it before. Chelsea beat Wigan 8-0 in the last game of the season (in 2010).

"I am not paying any disrespect to Newcastle at all — but what we are saying is if there is a team that has shown it can score goals, it is us. ‘We are not a 1-0 team. That is what gives us the chance. It’s the team that scores the goals that will win."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-rodgers-try-pip-7072310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ip-7072310</a>

So newcastle will roll over and let them score 10? They deserve to win the league for the good of football after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.