Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

bellsouth said:
I think it's hugely disrespectful of Rodgers (and Mourinho for that matter) to be saying he title race is over. It's disrespectful to Villa and to West Ham, it's disrespectful to Palace, to us and most of all to his club, the LFC fans and his players! I hate this about some managers, there is nothing at all wrong with a bit of honesty and integrity "it's going to be hard but anything is possible in football as Palace have shown tonight and we still have a chance so we will train hard and prepare for Newcastle and be ready to take any opportunity that comes our way" would have been a more worthwhile comment!!

Couldn't agree more. It appears that everyone associated with Liverpool FC were quick to think they had won it and are now being premature in declaring it lost.

its a Barm said:
could we please leave the piss taking until IF we win the league, leave all the gloating to them let them look complete tits for the " champions 2014 " t-shirts lets keep a low profile until 6pm sunday.

Same as, I won't smile or crow until I see the fukin cup lifted skywards by Vinny

spanishblue said:
its a Barm said:
could we please leave the piss taking until IF we win the league, leave all the gloating to them let them look complete tits for the " champions 2014 " t-shirts lets keep a low profile until 6pm sunday.

Same as, I won't smile or crow until I see the fukin cup lifted skywards by Vinny[/quote

I was at our local fiesta on Sunday and there were some everton fans saying are you celebrating wining the league.i said he only thing ATM I am celebrating is qualification for the cl.

Their luck just ran out last night. Normally when they are 3-0 up they'll go on and get more but this time they were playing a decent fighting side who didn't throw in the towel like the others. They rode their luck against Norwich, Sunderland and won it on penalties against West Ham. Now it has come to bite them back. The entire game was summed up by Suarez building up his frustration and total tactical naivety. You can't be 3-2 down in the last few minutes and be throwing everyone forward trying to get a 4th?? What is that all about.

Turned the telly off at 3 nil. Expected to find out this morning they had gone on to win 5 nil. Party on.

Just had a fella banned on another forum for bringing up the “Liverpool fans were jumping turnstilesand passing tickets back to others and the away end was overful“ I've looked on the Palace forum and they've said the same. Very short memories that lot considering the anniversary .

What has happened with Liverpool doesn't surprise me in the least....every man and his dog within the media have been saying for the last couple of months it was Liverpools, they were going to do it for Stevie G and the 96 and so on....the fans have been singing we're gonna win the league since March at matches , welcoming the team bus at home matches like it's some kind of religious celebration, cult like....having tee shirts printed with champions 2014...the wining streak they were on 12 wins on the spin or whatever it was and expecting it to continue till the end of the season, never going to happen....fans of other clubs so called neutrals sick of the media ramming it down the throats and wanting Liverpool so unbelievably biasedly to win it and those clubs in the way arrogantly expected to be swept aside in the red tide, I thought Palace fans were up for it more last night than they were against us( I may be wrong) but that is down to media perception of Liverpool in my opinion

When you look at all the above and the numerous things I have probably missed it is no surprise to me that Liverpool looked to have blown it....the pundits and the Liverpool loving media written and spoken have in my mind had a big part in their downfall, constantly stating it was Liverpools and this is what I will find most satisfying if we go on to pick up the league title on Sunday

tommybooth said:
Turned the telly off at 3 nil. Expected to find out this morning they had gone on to win 5 nil. Party on.
We had a power cut at 1-0.Followed the game on my Sky App.
Went to bed at 3-0 and read the FFP thread on here. Lights came on just in time for MOTD. Said I'd force myself to sit through it.
I knew from the second I saw Fowler and Hamann, that their precious Liverpool had fuckd up.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Has Scouse Jimi been sighted recently?
That Yorkshire dipper was all over Bluemoon like a rash when they were 1/6 on, before the wheels fell off, so where the fuck is he now?
I feel another batch of limericks coming on later, after the the sad twat signs on and picks up his methadone.
With apologies to Kerry, and the girls of Atomic Kitten;

'Thinkin' back to where we 'ad bin,'

'Beatin' Mancs and City, an' it's ours to win,'

Someone gi' me 'ugs,'
'An' pass me fuckkkkin' drugs,'

'I'm scatchin' on the dole agen.'

Henkeman said:
Hansen's article in the Telegraph - well worth reading again after tonight by the way - contains this little gem:

"Most other teams going for the title would just tighten up when they have got a 3-1 lead but with City there is always a sense that they will concede another goal."

Eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.