Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

I could laugh and poke fun at all those wankers in that arsenal gif all day, still can't take much delight in the liverpool one though. Just look like normal guys to me who are all devastated and heartbroken after watching their side look so good and push so far only before dramatically collapsing. I think there's only rags I could take pleasure in seeing that happen

"I don't believe this" is what the bloke in the middle appears to say. We've all been there! Give the guy a break.

my favourite rawk quote from last night -

Q -How are you lot going to sleep tonight?
A - Clutching my Suarez poster and telling him it'll all be okay.

i love the fact that on sunday they locked the everton thread and when someone enquired where the everton thread had gone they locked that also.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I could laugh and poke fun at all those wankers in that arsenal gif all day, still can't take much delight in the liverpool one though. Just look like normal guys to me who are all devastated and heartbroken after watching their side look so good and push so far only before dramatically collapsing. I think there's only rags I could take pleasure in seeing that happen

"I don't believe this" is what the bloke in the middle appears to say. We've all been there! Give the guy a break.

Thats how I feel. It makes me sad to see people with personal attacks.

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

It's called banter. And I might feel sorry for other fans in that situation if it hadn't been for all their entitlement, gloating and triumphalism, not to mention the bitterness directed at us. Well they've fucked up big time and they'd better believe it.

BigJoe#1 said:
On reflection I have to say I think Brendan Rodgers has been horribly exposed as an inexperienced manager this season. I can admire his cavalier style of "we'll always score more than you" as it makes for entertaining football, and fair play to Liverpool they have been entertaining to watch over this season, I don't think we could argue that.

However, when the chips were down he was lucky and he failed. Lucky because after they had beaten us, and they were fortunate to do so and had we not been there on the anniversary oft he Hillsborough disaster I think we would have probably got a point, however we were there then and we didn't get a point.

In tHeir next game v Norwich they were lucky, at 2-1 they got a break away goal during a second half in which Norwich pummelled them, even after getting back to 3-2 Norwich had a great chance to equalise and Liverpool were left hanging on.

Against Chelski is where I think Rodgers messed up big time. Chelsea went there to park a bus, two busses if you will, however, why didn't Rodgers just park his own bus or busses and say... I only need a point here, if you don't come after me I ain't going to chase you? Pretty basic mistake to make I think. I reckon every Liverpool fan would has taken. 0-0 that day, they would still have bad their destiny in their own hands. Instead he sent a team out to attack and one that was desperate to score a goal, the rest my friends is History. A rudimentary error and for that reason alone Rodgers should never be Manager of the year.

Next v Palace. Liverpool the first objective surely was to win the game and put the pressure firmly back on us tomorrow night. Instead of that at 3-0 up he tries to go and win the Premiership on the night by scoring as many as he could, look what happened. Another schoolboy error.

We were very lucky this inexperienced gung-ho manager was in charge of Liverpool at his time. I think any other manager in the Premiership would not have made these mistakes.

Manuel Pellegrini is solid and whilst we argue over decisions (as I have done on many occasions) I think he's sound and will set us up well to go out and win tomorrow. Forget getting tons of goals, let's just get behind the boys and support a solid performance and get three points.

Anyway, as we all know and we should not forget we have not won the League yet and we need to remember it isn't over until Sunday. Liverpool will know this, Chelski will know this and they and the whole media army will all be wishing us to lose tomorrow night, so let's stick together!
And there, I'm in 100% agreement with you.

Prestwich_Blue said:
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

It's called banter. And I might feel sorry for other fans in that situation if it hadn't been for all their entitlement, gloating and triumphalism, not to mention the bitterness directed at us. Well they've fucked up big time and they'd better believe it.

Exactly. I haven't stopped laughing at that gif all day. I know some of the most deluded Liverpool fans your ever likely to meet, it was a nightmare a couple of weeks ago. To see them crash like this is just brilliant. It's better than the united gif at Sunderland with the woman in red.

Manchester_lalala said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:

Exactly. I haven't stopped laughing at that gif all day. I know some of the most deluded Liverpool fans your ever likely to meet, it was a nightmare a couple of weeks ago. To see them crash like this is just brilliant. It's better than the united gif at Sunderland with the woman in red.

Get real

Take the piss out of Liverpool and their fans for the collapse and the way they went on prior to it but I think a lot of posts have become far too personal and we should be above that in my opinion.

Few things on Liverpool:

7th to 2nd hailed as "remarkable".

Is it?

United have been awful and dropped out to free up a spot to either Everton, Spurs or Liverpool.
Liverpool have greater resources than both, particularly Everton and Spurs were in usual disarray.

So Liverpool should have got minimum of 4th this season anyway.

Also, we're they not underachieving in 7th last year? Again when you compare resources/squad(what Liverpool love to analyse us by) to Everton/spurs/arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.