Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
gaving673 said:
Aslong as he's not involved with transfers ;)

True :). Before Dalglish was appointed manager what was his role at the club?

He was an Ambassador before, he's basically a consultant now...<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:06 am --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
Brendan will be made up.........

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 14m
Kenny Dalglish is to return to Liverpool after accepting an invitation to join the board of directors at Anfield

He made it happen mate

If I was a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't want Dalglish consulting on anything.

He is more stuck in the Eighties than Adam and the Ants.

ifiwasarichfan said:

Which is why we're pleased you're not...

Dalglish is a club legend, the clubs greatest ever player...he managed the club succesfully in his first tenure and he led Blackburn to a league title...in the 90's.

His role is more likely to be bridging the gap between American owners and the fans

Crouchinho said:
Damien Commoli controlled the transfers when Dalglish was there. If Dalglish had the transfer kitty maybe he would have done better?

Yup...although he did ask for types of players so not completely blameless. i.e I want a big lad who is strong in the air and a winger who can play crosses in...

Scouse_Jimi said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Which is why we're pleased you're not...

Dalglish is a club legend, the clubs greatest ever player...he managed the club succesfully in his first tenure and he led Blackburn to a league title...in the 90's.

His role is more likely to be bridging the gap between American owners and the fans

Crouchinho said:
Damien Commoli controlled the transfers when Dalglish was there. If Dalglish had the transfer kitty maybe he would have done better?

Yup...although he did ask for types of players so not completely blameless. i.e I want a big lad who is strong in the air and a winger who can play crosses in...

I see what you mean, I wonder if he wanted them exact players? I know he used to defend them a lot.

Commoli made some brilliant signings at Spurs but for every Bale, Modric & Berbatov there was a Bent, Bentley and Boateng.

Didn't he get Suarez in? I am not sure if Henderson has been won over yet or not

The whole comolli LFC situation was a terrible combination. Thankfully for all we appear to have found a better method for identifying and valuing players that doesn't involve a DOF.

Anyway its pretty safe yo say that you won't find any Liverpool fans not glad to see Kenny back at the club. Brendan is pushing to get back to the boot room days where ex players were consistently used throughout the club as coaches etc. Ticket prices next please American Overlords....

Scouse_Jimi said:
The whole comolli LFC situation was a terrible combination. Thankfully for all we appear to have found a better method for identifying and valuing players that doesn't involve a DOF.

Anyway its pretty safe yo say that you won't find any Liverpool fans not glad to see Kenny back at the club. Brendan is pushing to get back to the boot room days where ex players were consistently used throughout the club as coaches etc. Ticket prices next please American Overlords....

hopefully they try and do the munich style. also wenger uses his old pros to train with the first team. pires, Henry ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.