Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
jared said:
Pablo1 said:
The way Liverpool usually perform against us I'll take any kind of win right now. A scrappy last minute OG after being under the cosh for 90 mins will do. 3 points is all that matters in this one.

I would take a draw if we could actually start winning away on a consistent basis. That will decide whether we can take the league or not, not this Liverpool match.
I don't think the two are in any way related. My point was more to do with this particular fixture where Liverpool more often than not come at us. The way they're playing means that confidence will be sky high from them. We pick up 3 points and it'll be a superb boost.
It goes without saying that our away results need to become consistent.

dave_blue12 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Can see it being a high scoring game but I agree, I don't think (or hope!) it will be a mauling. Our defence is solid with Sakho in the back 4 - his composure in tight situations and his ability to physically own every challenge he makes adds a level of steel to our defence we've not had for years.

This weekend our midfield was due a mauling by a far stronger set of players (on paper) however we coped.

There's been a few excellent games this season - I fully expect this one to be a bit of a classic. 4-3 to city would be my bet

we won't score 4 without Kun, we'll have to defend Suarez and Coutinho really well.

Even when you're shit you always end up being a tough game for some reason.

Really ? We scored 4 second half against Arsenal without him !

Arsenal went for broke and left themselves way exposed at the back. Virtual suicide. No way Liverpool will do that.

dave_blue12 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Can see it being a high scoring game but I agree, I don't think (or hope!) it will be a mauling. Our defence is solid with Sakho in the back 4 - his composure in tight situations and his ability to physically own every challenge he makes adds a level of steel to our defence we've not had for years.

This weekend our midfield was due a mauling by a far stronger set of players (on paper) however we coped.

There's been a few excellent games this season - I fully expect this one to be a bit of a classic. 4-3 to city would be my bet

we won't score 4 without Kun, we'll have to defend Suarez and Coutinho really well.

Even when you're shit you always end up being a tough game for some reason.

Really ? We scored 4 second half against Arsenal without him !

Off momentum that had come from Sergio putting us ahead in the game, giving us that attacking rhythm and confidence.

Not that optimistic, over the years Liverpool seem to have the upper hand on us. I would take any win, a draw like last year does no one any favours really. Maybe we should start to see Liverpool as the real derby rather than those lot from Trafford. :-)

Pablo1 said:
jared said:
Pablo1 said:
The way Liverpool usually perform against us I'll take any kind of win right now. A scrappy last minute OG after being under the cosh for 90 mins will do. 3 points is all that matters in this one.

I would take a draw if we could actually start winning away on a consistent basis. That will decide whether we can take the league or not, not this Liverpool match.
I don't think the two are in any way related. My point was more to do with this particular fixture where Liverpool more often than not come at us. The way they're playing means that confidence will be sky high from them. We pick up 3 points and it'll be a superb boost.

Not saying they are related but a lot of people are either bigging up this game or getting too worried about the result when it comes down to it the maximum is 3 points. So I'm just taking some perspective here when I say I rather lose points for this match but we become start winning away to bottom teams. If we continue to thrash top teams at home but lose to the likes of Sunderland and Cardiff then there's no point really<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:50 pm --<br /><br />
jared said:
Pablo1 said:
jared said:

Not saying they are related but a lot of people are either bigging up this game or getting too worried about the result when it comes down to it the maximum is 3 points. So I'm just taking some perspective here when I say I rather lose points for this match but we start winning away to bottom teams. If we continue to thrash top teams at home but lose to the likes of Sunderland and Cardiff then there's no point really

jared said:
Pablo1 said:
jared said:

Not saying they are related but a lot of people are either bigging up this game or getting too worried about the result when it comes down to it the maximum is 3 points. So I'm just taking some perspective here when I say I rather lose points for this match but we become start winning away to bottom teams. If we continue to thrash top teams at home but lose to the likes of Sunderland and Cardiff then there's no point really

-- Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:50 pm --

jared said:
Pablo1 said:

Not saying they are related but a lot of people are either bigging up this game or getting too worried about the result when it comes down to it the maximum is 3 points. So I'm just taking some perspective here when I say I rather lose points for this match but we start winning away to bottom teams. If we continue to thrash top teams at home but lose to the likes of Sunderland and Cardiff then there's no point really
Fair enough, but I'm a greedy bastard who wants us to get the 3 points in this game whilst improving results away at the same time. May as well be a rag me, spoilt bastard that I am! :-)

Most Liverpool fans I know are very worried that they have become effectively a one man team they have seen what has happened to Spuds, they are doing well and I hope they keep the rags out of the top 4, they have an easy game at the weekend

Ducado said:
Most Liverpool fans I know are very worried that they have become effectively a one man team they have seen what has happened to Spuds, they are doing well and I hope they keep the rags out of the top 4, they have an easy game at the weekend

Yes atm they are a 1 man team. Due to gerrard and stur being out. IF they can get them back into fitness and not drop alot of points (the spurs win is a good start) they should easily take top 4 but battling everton will be hard (the only other top 4 contender).

Not sure where the lack of confidence comes from. If we can't beat them in a title deciding scenario what hope do we have against Barca.

We've had all the bad feelings etc before Rags,Spuds AND Arse and the team have shown they're really up for it.
I have no fears that we will tear into the Scouse too. Also why do people keep referring to history to validate
any arguments/feelings et al. It doesn't matter we have a new manager and are a completely different side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.