Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
We've had all the bad feelings etc before Rags,Spuds AND Arse and the team have shown they're really up for it.
I have no fears that we will tear into the Scouse too. Also why do people keep referring to history to validate
any arguments/feelings et al. It doesn't matter we have a new manager and are a completely different side.
People use history to help validate their feelings because although we have a different manager, attitude, side etc it didn't seem to help against the likes of Stoke or Sunderland where we've managed similar results as we have in previous years. Added to the fact that Liverpool are playing their best football for years and have real quality in their squad that could cause us problems, we should be showing them a bit of respect.
I think we'll beat them, being at the Etihad means we'll be strong favourites and rightly so, I hope it'll be as conclusive as Arsenal,Utd,Spurs etc but expect a tough game.

Remember that Liverpool lost to Hull a few weeks ago. Sunday they were brilliant, by far and away their best performance of the season,

moomba said:
Remember that Liverpool lost to Hull a few weeks ago. Sunday they were brilliant, by far and away their best performance of the season,
Agreed - constancy will likely be their downfall. Hopefully against us they'll have an off day but seeing as we've become everyone's cup final I expect a tough game.

Pablo1 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
We've had all the bad feelings etc before Rags,Spuds AND Arse and the team have shown they're really up for it.
I have no fears that we will tear into the Scouse too. Also why do people keep referring to history to validate
any arguments/feelings et al. It doesn't matter we have a new manager and are a completely different side.
People use history to help validate their feelings because although we have a different manager, attitude, side etc it didn't seem to help against the likes of Stoke or Sunderland where we've managed similar results as we have in previous years. Added to the fact that Liverpool are playing their best football for years and have real quality in their squad that could cause us problems, we should be showing them a bit of respect.
I think we'll beat them, being at the Etihad means we'll be strong favourites and rightly so, I hope it'll be as conclusive as Arsenal,Utd,Spurs etc but expect a tough game.

Not saying that. But the 2 examples you use were AWAY. Surely we must be confident in our home form by now.

How can you City fans be nervous for our game. Seriously? Our midfield were brilliant against Tottenham no doubt, but my god Yaya Toure and Fernandinho will be a new kettle of fish. Plus its at the Etihad. Of all the teams in the premier league that could have ended your amazing run, it was gonna be Arsenal, and look what happened? You controlled the game, you controlled the midfield up against Özil, Ramsey, Wilshire etc. I'm scared to think what'll happen when you're up against Allen and Lucas.

But the performance against Tottenham has given me some hope.

Prediction: City 3-1 Liverpool

LFC-Fans said:
How can you City fans be nervous for our game. Seriously? Our midfield were brilliant against Tottenham no doubt, but my god Yaya Toure and Fernandinho will be a new kettle of fish. Plus its at the Etihad. Of all the teams in the premier league that could have ended your amazing run, it was gonna be Arsenal, and look what happened? You controlled the game, you controlled the midfield up against Özil, Ramsey, Wilshire etc. I'm scared to think what'll happen when you're up against Allen and Lucas.

Spot on yosser

Though I'm going 5-1, Jordan fucking Henderson FFs

It's the old city fan mentality bud, they feed on anxiety and past experience (:

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
LFC-Fans said:

Spot on yosser

It's the old city fan mentality bud, they feed on anxiety and past experience (:
Yep, it's going to take a little bit longer for it to disappear completely but we're heading in the right direction. :-)

Pablo1 said:
LFC-Fans said:

Spot on yosser

Yep, it's going to take a little bit longer for it to disappear completely but we're heading in the right direction. :-)

Jeez! Okay calm down, 5-1? I don't think so, or at least, I hope not. If we play like we did against Tottenham we can get a draw. Didn't Southampton get a draw at the Etihad when they had Wanyama, Schiderlin and god knows who else injured?

That was at Southampton. They have a good team, and scored a great goal.

Liverpool have the game that could cause us problems - strong defensively and good on the counter

LFC-Fans said:

Spot on yosser

Henderson was quality against the Spuds, as poor as they were, credit to him. Will have to see how we line up and if we go for the 4-2-3-1 and match Liverpool. I think we will win the midfield battle quite easily still but will be close. The home factor will be important. I think it could be a draw though. And as for you LFC fan, I can't help but like you and your posts despite my better judgement. Most Liverpool fans I speak to have this high and mighty approach, that they have a divine right to win things more than any other club which gets right up my backside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.