Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrtwiceaseason said:
could someone please post the boom bust chart to see wheather they are on target thanks

Pretty much bang on track.

scousegraph.jpg

Dubai Blue said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
could someone please post the boom bust chart to see wheather they are on target thanks

Pretty much bang on track.

scousegraph.jpg
they've lasted a little longer this year, I think they're still in the 3rd phase.
Fuck, that means if it takes till late Jan for phase 4 they'll be even more unbearable this summer.

Rodgers was pretending he knew nothing about the shirt swapping at half time. I'm not having that. Skrtel was trying to swap shirts with Vinnie for most of the first half last week.

If Howard Webb had given a penalty for the Eto'o on Suare incident, it would have been extremely harsh. Suarez had already lost the ball and Azpixyz had the ball under full control and was away from Suarez as well. The one time the officials did err though (Eto'o incorrectly flagged onside), Eto'o missed the chance.

bleed.blue said:
If Howard Webb had given a penalty for the Eto'o on Suare incident, it would have been extremely harsh. Suarez had already lost the ball and Azpixyz had the ball under full control and was away from Suarez as well. The one time the officials did err though (Eto'o incorrectly flagged onside), Eto'o missed the chance.
it wouldn't have been harsh its a deliberate foul in the penalty area, it also should have been a second red for Etoo and Chelsea down to 10. don't really care though after their antics on boxing day.

The Mail takes on the anti Liverpool rant by Jose
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...at-track-bullies-Rodgers-fifth-Christmas.html

Are Liverpool just flat-track bullies? After being top at Christmas, Rodgers' side are now fifth after defeats to City and Chelsea... (even Bob the Builder lasted longer at No 1!)
By ADAM CRAFTON
PUBLISHED: 12:10, 30 December 2013 | UPDATED: 12:45, 30 December 2013

Liverpool: top of the tree on Christmas Day, fifth by New Year's Day. Even Bob the Builder spent longer as Christmas No 1.
To be fair, 'Can He Fix It?' has become quite the anthem: among toddlers, Bob vies for cult hero status with Iggle Piggle, for Barack Obama, the slogan became the stuff of presidential campaigns and on the music scene, it was the 10th best selling single of the 2000s.
Bob, in fact, spent three weeks in the No 1 spot. Poor old Liverpool have contrived to surrender their position in the space of four days, with consecutive defeats at Manchester City and Chelsea. Liverpool now find themselves five and six points behind table-toppers Arsenal.

Liverpool v the top four
Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1
Manchester City 2 Liverpool 1
Arsenal 2 Liverpool 0
Everton 3 Liverpool 3
Anyway, back to our odd-job man Bob and his talk of fixing it has rather mirrored Brendan Rodgers' house-building spiel this week.
Referring to his squad and the upcoming January transfer window, Rodgers noted: 'We’ve built the house and now we have to decorate the inside.'
As it happens, Rodgers may have stepped ahead of himself with his talk of interior design. These last two games have demonstrated that Liverpool require a touch more than the final furnishing and there is still plenty to be done on the foundations.
For all the encouragement that Liverpool can take from two performances of courage and ambition, the squad was shown to be too thin - Liverpool have played three games in a week and 10 players have started all three matches, while the manager was forced to turn to teenagers for inspiration from the bench at Chelsea.
Rodgers will know also that he lacks sufficient quality in certain positions. Left-back is a glaring issue, while in central midfield, they are naturally damaged by the absence of Steven Gerrard and Rodgers requires a third striker that can offer competition and respite to Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge.
Rodgers: Eto'o should have been sent off

Iago Aspas was perhaps signed to fill that role but he has now not started since September and is yet to score for the club.
Their is an awful lot of attacking potential in this Liverpool team but Rodgers would also do well to complement the exciting promise of Raheem Sterling and Coutinho with a wide man of elite standing.
The truth is that at the halfway stage, for all their impressive form, Liverpool are now in the position that many would have predicted before the season started: fifth and outside of the Champions League places.
Is it not, also, the position they deserve to be? For Liverpool have failed to beat any of the sides sitting above them, with defeats at Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea and a draw at Everton.
In the top five mini-league, Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Everton have lost only once.
At the halfway stage, they sit above Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur and deservedly so, for they defeated and kept clean sheets against both these sides.
It may be a concern, though, that for all the praise directed Liverpool's way, they are now only two points ahead of United, who are finally beginning to motor.
From talk of title-winning seven days ago, the forecast now looks decidedly more overcast as Liverpool seek a place in the top four.
It has been quite a dose of sobering realism. Never before in the Premier League era has a team dropped from first on Christmas Day to fifth by the turn of the year.
Indeed, Brendan Rodgers' side are only the second in 22 years to surrender the top spot they held at Christmas before Big Ben strikes on New Years Eve.
The only previous instance was Newcastle in 2001/02 and even they only dropped to second on goal difference.
As January arrives and the market opens once, neither the title nor the top four is beyond Liverpool's capabilities.
Rodgers will also be aware that Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs are all still to come to Anfield and that hands Liverpool a genuine opportunity to claw back the points and reignite a title challenge.
But to do so, they must act swiftly for reinforcements and Rodgers could do worse than take inspiration from Bob the Builder once more: 'Time to get busy, such a lot to do, building and fixing, 'til it's good as new.'
Add to that Schwaaaarez scored 2 against Spurs at their lowest point of the season and one in an end to end open derby v Everton he is clearly struggling to score in the big games this year, flat track bully indeed

Haven't been hear since the game, a loss which I hated much much worse than losing to you:

1. The results feel much worse than they are because of the psychology of dropping from 1st to 5th. I can't complain against the game against you lot at all. Vs. Chelsea, I think we were tired, plus our level just started being found out.

2. Expected a good kicking vs Chelsea, and they didn't disappoint.

3. I hope Manchester City will run away with the league.

4. We are not and never were "title challengers". Our objective is 4th place.

5. Flat track bullies? I'll take that if we're banking points. Losing to Hull 3-1 was dumb, but not disastrous as we came back from hit. Hopefully we pay them back. Problem now is that the team is pretty tired. Coutinho, Sterling and Suarez again? Have they got the legs?

6. Victor Moses should go back to Chelsea, he does nothing. We might as well have kept Assaidi and saved the Aspas money. He does nothing either. Luis Alberto was a redundant signing as we've got Suso.

7. I know we don't have the greatest young player in the world bar none (i.e. "Januzaj"), but I'm very excited by the young kids, I think the future is promising. yes we always say that, but we're actually starting to see some of them on the field albeit not in the best circumstances.

8. As much as has been made of our midfield being better without Gerrard, the game against Chelsea exactly the type of game where he would have helped.

9. Glen Johnson needs replacing. Several times I saw him casually WALKING BACK when Chelsea counter attacked. Glen Johnson's now even more complacent than Reina was.

10. Are Manchester United fans laughing in glee that they're "only 2 points behind in 6th"? Were they cheering on you lot on boxing day? How the mighty have fallen. Still lots to play for for 4th place. Man U barely beat Norwich and Hull, and so far they haven't looked good against *any* team in the top 10. Anyway, they will have some "confidence" now, let's see how Spurs play them. They'll be the first somewhat proper team that they've played in a while, although Spurs have their own problems. Is Paulinho hurt? If he's healthy I think that they can get a draw at OT. They're not winning the league, but unfortunately they're starting to breathe down on fourth, hopefully a few draws against good teams brings them back to mid-table.

sincity said:
blue b4 the moon said:
I thought the Officials in the Chelsea Dipper game were much more harsh on the Dippers than in the City game.

After watching my BT recording the only real thing they could complain about at ours was the offside which was from the Linesman's flag so really not the refs fault.

Today however a deffo pen not given, Eto got away with a yellow , JT had an elbow incident and late on perhaps Oscar could have walked to name just a few things and yet no moaning from Brendon!!!

but the question is, will all of them get punished under the new retrospective punishment rules? Include Lucas in the list for retaliating.
imo, the refs yesterday were very lenient towards giving fouls for both this and the Arsenal games..
It seems refs have decided to screw guidelines from FIFA and let the game become more physical once more. I am certainly for that.

The only decision that Liverpool can really feel aggrieved about is the Sterling offside against City. That was a terrible decision. Arguing for the penalty against Suarez at City is a joke considering what Skrtel does every game. What he did to Kompany was not a one off, he does it every game.

In the Chelsea game Oscar should have been sent off, but don't see the huge fuss about the penalty decisions. Technically they were both pens, but they would have been soft. As said previous refs have decided to let more go recently. If Hazard's was not a pen then either was Suarez's really.

The battle for top 4 is going to be very interesting this year. Liverpool and Arsenal had the early advantage, because of the continuity they had by keeping their managers. Chelsea, City, United and Tottenham should all get stronger the longer the season goes. However, at the same time all the others have European football. I think the league may be decided and top 4 as well by whoever goes out earliest in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.