Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have two main problems. The first is in defence where they can't sort out a settled centre-back pairing and the full-backs are weak defensively. Even the normally deluded Liverpool fans are starting to see that Johnson is crap.

The second is squad quality. Sturridge is out and they've no goalscorer bar Suarez, who the better teams can deal with. They've bought too many average players.

Marvin said:
Brendan Rogers, in his post Chelsea interviews......

Obviously against Manchester City we were the best team, but lost
fair play to the dippers. they can celebrate their best team of the season award while somebody else lifts the title.

Liverpool can have a huge say in the title race and are still well in the hunt.

Sturridge to return in the New Year gives them an option to rest Suarez on occasion or at least bench him.

The only thing that will hurt them is strength in depth. Its okay having quality strikers, but if your defence can't keep the ball out and the midfield can't control the game and keep possession, then they will struggle.

If we slip up at Swansea and they win at home, they are right back on our tails. Then we go to Newcastle and they go to Sjoke.

We have to go to St James', Anfield, Emirates, White Hart Lane, Goodison and that ground just outside of Manchester, so at the mo, I don't think we are favourites to win the League.

Quote from Jose from yesterday:
"It is not a tackle. Suarez lost the duel with Azpilicueta, who has the ball and is leaving the box.Now he is doing an acrobatic swimming pool jump to try to get a penalty."

Akin to the dive in the air against us, when Lescott pulls his shirt down, yet Suarez flies up.

Didn't see the game, but I surmise there was the obligatory yelp to get Webb's attention as well?

Salford_Blue said:

Sturridge to return in the New Year gives them an option to rest Suarez on occasion or at least bench him.

The only thing that will hurt them is strength in depth. Its okay having quality strikers, but if your defence can't keep the ball out and the midfield can't control the game and keep possession, then they will struggle.

If we slip up at Swansea and they win at home, they are right back on our tails. Then we go to Newcastle and they go to Sjoke.

We have to go to St James', Anfield, Emirates, White Hart Lane, Goodison and that ground just outside of Manchester, so at the mo, I don't think we are favourites to win the League.

"It is not a tackle. Suarez lost the duel with Azpilicueta, who has the ball and is leaving the box.Now he is doing an acrobatic swimming pool jump to try to get a penalty."

Akin to the dive in the air against us, when Lescott pulls his shirt down, yet Suarez flies up.

Didn't see the game, but I surmise there was the obligatory yelp to get Webb's attention as well?

difference is Eto'o deliberately drove his knee across him for no reason.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Salford_Blue said:

So did Eto'o foul him?
I thought I read it was against Allen?
Or was he involved in both incidents?

Salford_Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Salford_Blue said:

So did Eto'o foul him?
I thought I read it was against Allen?
Or was he involved in both incidents?

Eto'o studs up on Henderson's knee in the first minute for a yellow and then kneed Suarez in the penalty area for no reason in the 2nd half.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Liverpool have two main problems. The first is in defence where they can't sort out a settled centre-back pairing and the full-backs are weak defensively. Even the normally deluded Liverpool fans are starting to see that Johnson is crap.

The second is squad quality. Sturridge is out and they've no goalscorer bar Suarez, who the better teams can deal with. They've bought too many average players.

Remember we tried Costa and everyone laughed, but we just didn't have enough pull to bring him in.

Anyway, we should recall Borini and play him as a STRIKER. Rodgers was inexplicably playing him out wide before, he'd be ok support right now. Won't sent the world on fire, but he's someone that you can rest Suarez when we're up 2-0 against bottom half teams. As it is, Gerrard, Suarez, Henderson are still in the game when we're up 3-0 at Anfield at 65 minutes which doesn't make sense. Rest them!

Prestwich_Blue said:

Suarez is playing his diving trick again . The refs aren't buying in it anymore . If Liverpool don't get in that top 4 this season . Suarez will move to Real Madrid next season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.