Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between City fans and Liverpool fans, on Saturday nearly every City fan I met at the ground were predicting a tight game perhaps even a Burnley win every Liverpool fan I met thought they had a chance against Spurs, there seems to be a level of delusional entitlement despite the clear evidence that they are quite poor and have been for years hence it's always their year, it's no joke to a man at the beginning of each season they all say the same. Here's the strange thing they are some of the most knowledgeable fans about the game in general it's all very strange
Last season they did really well getting behind teams that attack them, even Arsenal this season.They had a good record against the top 6 teams so can understand them getting giddy and thinking they could win.The problem Liverpool have is that if you can negate the pace of Salah and Mane by deny space behind they dont have people who can unpick a parked bus on a regular basis. Also making basic defensive errors doesn't help.

tells you he got it right with the great squad Dortmund created for him, just a one trick pony coach like Jose who gets lauded if he occasionally pulls it off
People forget or just don't realise that he had a DoF at Dortmund, Michael Zorc. Sometimes, like Mercer & Allison, a partnership can be greater than the sum of the individual parts.

It's worth repeating. £35m for Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
I am probably alone in thinking Klopp is probably a pretty decent manager, last season they played some scintillating football, but this transfer was absurd.
If they'd have bought a decent keeper with the same money I suspect their defence would be looking a lot better now.

Everyone can see that they need a better goalkeeper and back four.

However I seriously question the protection that back 5 get.

Good teams don't let all the defensive work go to the defenders and goslkeeper.

Klopp is a fraud. He is the German Kevin Keegan. His tactical model is to hoof the ball forward early and run after it as fast as you can. And try really hard. And that is it. Give me Pulis over him any day.

All the talk about Lovren and Mignolet being shit just deflects from Klopp's naive and child like tactics. Lovren was imperious at Southampton. Mignolet simply brilliant at Sunderland. It is Klapp tactics that make them look bad. And I am sure he will destroy the confidence of the rest of that squad.

The whole place is a toxic mess.

Klopp is a fraud. He is the German Kevin Keegan. His tactical model is to hoof the ball forward early and run after it as fast as you can. And try really hard. And that is it. Give me Pulis over him any day.

All the talk about Lovren and Mignolet being shit just deflects from Klopp's naive and child like tactics. Lovren was imperious at Southampton. Mignolet simply brilliant at Sunderland. It is Klapp tactics that make them look bad. And I am sure he will destroy the confidence of the rest of that squad.

The whole place is a toxic mess.
Mignolet and Lovren had plenty of dodgy moments under Rodgers. Bravo had been imperious before moving to City and Mangala rated above Otamendi and very good at Porto. The fact that both are poor here doesn't make Pep a poor manager.
Dortmund were a million miles above any Keegan team.
He ain't got it right just now but that doesn't make him shit

Mignolet and Lovren had plenty of dodgy moments under Rodgers. Bravo had been imperious before moving to City and Mangala rated above Otamendi and very good at Porto. The fact that both are poor here doesn't make Pep a poor manager.
Dortmund were a million miles above any Keegan team.
He ain't got it right just now but that doesn't make him shit

Agreed.

Klippety must have something about him to have won the Bundesliga with any team other than Bayern, no matter the quality of the players at his disposal.

However, he hasn’t done it at Klanfield, and it’s looking increasingly like he won’t.

I am probably alone in thinking Klopp is probably a pretty decent manager, last season they played some scintillating football, but this transfer was absurd.
If they'd have bought a decent keeper with the same money I suspect their defence would be looking a lot better now.

That's what separates him from the best. Last season defence and goalkeeper was our weakness. What did pep do? Bought new full backs and a goalkeeper.

The past couple of seasons, Liverpool's weakness was the defence and goalkeeper. What does klopp do? Buys a benchwarmer for 40 mil.

Klopp reminds me a lot of Pellegrini in that he's stubborn, naive and makes the same mistakes over and over again...but he says boom and runs down the touchline so all is well in the end...

That's what separates him from the best. Last season defence and goalkeeper was our weakness. What did pep do? Bought new full backs and a goalkeeper.

The past couple of seasons, Liverpool's weakness was the defence and goalkeeper. What does klopp do? Buys a benchwarmer for 40 mil.

Klopp reminds me a lot of Pellegrini in that he's stubborn, naive and makes the same mistakes over and over again...but he says boom and runs down the touchline so all is well in the end...
I'm not saying Klopp is the best, but every manager is derided during a down spell.
His BVD record indicates that he has quite a bit of talent as a manager.
He has had less to spend than Pep so the comparisons are bound to be unflattering particularly as Pep has shown signs of being a truly great manager.
Maybe he needs someone a bit better than Liverpool have to help with buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.