Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what separates him from the best. Last season defence and goalkeeper was our weakness. What did pep do? Bought new full backs and a goalkeeper.

The past couple of seasons, Liverpool's weakness was the defence and goalkeeper. What does klopp do? Buys a benchwarmer for 40 mil.

Klopp reminds me a lot of Pellegrini in that he's stubborn, naive and makes the same mistakes over and over again...but he says boom and runs down the touchline so all is well in the end...

This all day.
If Klopp truly is a great manager, how the hell did he not strengthen a very creaky defence and keeper after last season.....the shambles with Van Dijk masks the problem, more than 1 person is needed.
Yet, the media love him....so he gets an easier ride than others.
Pep knew the "type" of players he wanted....pacy wing backs pretty much....enter Walker and Mendy (who looked amazing prior to injury)... and a strong, big, fearless keeper, who is great with his feet.
To me, an object lesson in knowing your needs, and what exactly will fit.....and going and getting it.

Liverpool are there to be got it and finally this season we showed how simple it is. These past few seasons have been so frustrating, going to Liverpool or letting them come to us and us playing into their hands. This season is the first one where we have finally just shown our dominance.

They are incredibly naive on the ball, lack a winning mentality and the squad is jam packed full of average. Klopp I argue was lucky to have the generation of players he did at Dortmund and now he is showing how poor he is tactically and as a coach. He has failed to address the key problems since the day he walked through the door and gets by with just screaming and shouting on the side of the pitch and providing 'funny' sound bites for the media. Any other team than Liverpool and the media would be crucifying them.

Whilst the players have to accept some blame and he cant be responsible for the sheer lack of concentration and ability that his back 5 possess. It is possible to coach a player, it seems Klopp has one plan and if it doesn't work then he is relying on a single piece of brilliance.

I hope these days continue and Klopp stays as the manager, if they end up with someone like Tuchel then we have a problem.

Huge rumour that Saturday will be his last game in charge. He wants the Bayern job, his family haven’t settled in Merseyside and he’s agreed to move them back to Germany.

I say huge rumour, a bloke said to me in the local that the Klopps go back on Saturday night.

Huge rumour that Saturday will be his last game in charge. He wants the Bayern job, his family haven’t settled in Merseyside and he’s agreed to move them back to Germany.

I say huge rumour, a bloke said to me in the local that the Klopps go back on Saturday night.

Something like that, was reported by some hack on Talksport earlier.

I'm not saying Klopp is the best, but every manager is derided during a down spell.
His BVD record indicates that he has quite a bit of talent as a manager.
He has had less to spend than Pep so the comparisons are bound to be unflattering particularly as Pep has shown signs of being a truly great manager.
Maybe he needs someone a bit better than Liverpool have to help with buying.

yhp, I think Pep commands such influence and has such ability to spot talent he can command his transfer wishlist. Klopp I don't think has that as you can see with the variation in the calibre of players bought by Dortmund and Liverpool during his tenure.

Dortmund: Lewandowski, Kagawa, Gundogan, Perisic, Reus, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Sokratis.
Liverpool: Karius, Matip, Klavan, Mane, Wijnaldum, Salah, Robertson, Ox-Chamberlain.

So he can buy attacking midfielders/wingers. Defenders and keepers, erm...

yhp, I think Pep commands such influence and has such ability to spot talent he can command his transfer wishlist. Klopp I don't think has that as you can see with the variation in the calibre of players bought by Dortmund and Liverpool during his tenure.

Dortmund: Lewandowski, Kagawa, Gundogan, Perisic, Reus, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Sokratis.
Liverpool: Karius, Matip, Klavan, Mane, Wijnaldum, Salah, Robertson, Ox-Chamberlain.

So he can buy attacking midfielders/wingers. Defenders and keepers, erm...

Can't comment on Dortmund, but comparing City to the dippers, it is how the clubs are run, we have a CEO, with a direct line through the chairman to CFG and ADUG, and director of football who works directly with the manager, and know what they are doing. Liverpool have Fenway group with some idiotic transfer committee, fundamentally flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.