Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That immediate post match interview (not the press conference, when he'd had time to collect himself). Anybody else find something quite disturbing about it? I mean, there's something disturbingly reminiscent of Norman Bates in Psycho. At one point, he looks directly into the camera, and he's got this mad blue look in his eyes. I'm not merely joking or trolling here. There's something that is occasionally not quite right about that man.

Agree, if Liverpool want to become more consistent and maybe even serial winners they need to look for a manager with less emotion. Someone who won’t buy into their cult. Maybe even dislike the cult.

Ian Rush on talkshite saying Liverpool are better chasing (ffs). Fucking deluded thick idiot.

When have they ever chased and won a title? Christ they even bottled it on the last game of the season once against Arsenal when even losing could have won them the title only not by 2 goals and they fucked that up!!

One is on its way.
To say, as he did in that paper article, 'Who wants to be top in March? is beyond parody, he's trying to
convince himself that spewing a 10 point lead from a few weeks ago, resulting in now being second is somehow positive.
By that reckoning, if they lose the next three and and drop another couple of places, they'll really be going for it.
Dipper mentality in all its twisted glory, Mr Ed has been suckered into the cult.
Maybe he realises Pool have previous for such tactics.
I seem to recall their fairly recent "deliberate" decision to not qualify via PL position for CL when they would have failed FFP.

Has anyone mentioned Queen yet and that wonderful tune that all you hip kids are grooving to, I believe pop pickers it is called...…………….

Under Pressure.

Found little to disagree with from Klopp apart from citing the wind. There are 27 pts to play for with the slimmest of margins, better to be ahead but race is far from over. I would hold off on the epitaphs just yet

Next years their year then!

xx.gif

Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7280 on: Today at 09:10:30 AM »

There are some players who don't realise just how hated the club is, and just how desperate everyone is to stop us. The past week will definitely help in the future, they'll know exactly the level they have to be at going up against the likes of man utd and everton.

When you look at our squad, there aren't that many players that have been here long enough to witness shit rivals raising their game to those levels, or understand what is required in those games.

Looking at yesterday.
Wijnaldum and Mane only have two full seasons under their belts.
Salah, Robertson and Matip only have one full season under their belts.
van Dijk is in a similar situation, in his second season, but without a full season completed yet.
Fabinho, Alisson, Keita and Shaqiri are all in their first season, they've never experienced man utd or everton away in the league as a Liverpool player.
You can't rely on Trent to tell the players what to expect. He's only a youngster.

So in terms of experience for derbies, proper derbies in the league away from home, we are lacking. But the experience over the past week will hold us in good stead over the next few years.

Found little to disagree with from Klopp apart from citing the wind. There are 27 pts to play for with the slimmest of margins, better to be ahead but race is far from over. I would hold off on the epitaphs just yet

You are talking to City fans here. Some of the most grounded fans around(and pessimistic). We know it's far from over. Pleased it's been a good weekend no more than that.

Klopp is going down in my estimation with every new week. Has he ever praised an opposition team/manager after they have taken points off Liverpool ? Pep constantly do.
I heard him do it once, begrudgingly and snidely, but that's the sum total of him I think. It would appear he is quite a shit behind the media friendly persona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.