Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was to go all Pigeonho/franksinatra, I’d say the same Aguero that escaped retrospective action for this. But I don’t want to become that guy, so I’m off to bed. Not everything is black and white though.

Was it the same Agüero whose alleged elbow was on media constantly in order to get him banned for a Derby in which Ibrahimovic broke Kolarov's teeth with an elbow, with hardly a replay afterwards?

Nobody here is claiming EVERY single decision goes against us or in favour of Liverpool or Manure - its you, and a couple of others trying to strawman.

What we do see is:
- Big games with one sided, match deciding "errors" (Chelsea 2014, Arsenal FA cup, Liverpool CL)
- Major discrepancies in awarding major decisions such as penalties (Pep's first season for instance) and red cards for serious fouls (last season)
- most insidiously, differences in the way minor match decisions (fouls, dissent) are handled

Yeah, it’s a proper sliding doors moment. How would the table look now if that Mahrez penalty had gone in? Would their confidence have been dented, and ours soared?

Right now the dippers confidence couldn’t be any higher and ours any lower. A home win on Jan 3 might just be the thing to turn the tables.

Right now the dippers confidence couldn’t be any higher and ours any lower. A home win on Jan 3 might just be the thing to turn the tables.
I really hope so, but I really want a performance against Saints first. Let's get back to relentless pressing from the front and composure at the back. I really don't remember the opositions GK being overworked the past few weeks either. So for Christs sake if we get the chance- shoot.

Yellow cards. Liverpool 20th on the list with 17. City 19th on the list with 18.
Red cards. Liverpool joint 9th with 1, same as City.
Here are some more stats, which probably have more to do with things than referees ever could, but also suggests there’s not a huge amount wrong.

Shots. City 1st with 343. Liverpool 3rd with 300. Spurs 9th with 242.
Shots on target. City 1st with 131. Liverpool 3rd with 119. Spurs 5th with 102.
Big chances missed. City 3rd with 32. Liverpool 4th with 30. Spurs 9th with 26.
Passes. City 1st with 13,291. Liverpool 3rd with 11,290. Spurs 5th with 10,096.
Saves. City 20th with 32. Liverpool 18th, with 45. Spurs 7th with 63.
Punches. City joint 17th with 4. Liverpool joint 6th with 10. Spurs joint 2nd with 13.
Corners. City 1st with 151. Liverpool 2nd with 126. Spurs 15th with 90.

Hopefully we do the job today (Really not confident with our defence, our form, no winger to stretch play etc) against the narrative and knock their confidence and form a bit. Then its up to you on Thurs to bury them. Still livid that Salah hasn't been banned for diving ffs.

regards the reffing its not big decisions that are the problem its the shitty little fouls for fuck all that are meant to break up our play.this is how they do it knowing people don't remember the little fouls but it stops us getting a head of steam up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.