Liverpool thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    The worry is that they might break the record while playing worse than us in 17/18. Both teams have the same point tally after 19 games but our GD in 17/18 was far superior to Liverpool this season: we were better in attack and defence (!). The worry is that the media will ignore all the luck and favourable decisions and proclaim them the best PL team ever.

It is what it is. We will try to use their success to reach another level in our performances. That's the best we can do.

2. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Let it go, man!

3. blueinsa

blueinsa

He is right you know ;-)

I've not given up completely and wont until its mathematically certain.

Our club, this team, some of these players have a history of pulling off miracles.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Hope you’re right, pal.

5. bluemc1

bluemc1

I said it was over before we drew with Newcastle BUT that’s cos I didn’t think WE could string run together, I’ve changed my mind on that now he’s gone 3 at the back and Sheff Utd, Spurs away and United for them this month, could be 3 possible draws there and if gap drops below 10 points I think they could well bottle it

do I think it will happen ? No but I like to have interest in games so I can now root for a point tonight knowing Spurs and United next

6. blueinsa

blueinsa

You ask most football fans in August if we would lose 5 games so far and against the clubs that beat us and barely any would have said yes.

Football is a funny old game and it will take a few injuries and a bit of poor form for Liverpool to quickly drop the required points to make it all to play for.

Of course i accept we have zero more margin for error but fuck it, if any side can win every game its us, we know it because we have done it before.

7. waspish

waspish

Who was the first ever team to hit 100 points?

Who was the first team to win the domestic double?

For me records are there to broken but being the first is the one that no team can beat EVER!

bakerdave76, karen7 and alexmcity like this.
  8. Robinho's Subbuteo

Robinho's Subbuteo

They know it too ...

[​IMG]

waspish and karen7 like this.
  9. mat

mat

It's their year.

Even if by some miracle we won every other cup we play in this season it won't be as impressive as Jordan Henderson lifting the PL trophy.

We've got 4 months to plan our holidays to a uninhibited South Pacific island to save ourselves from the jizz tsunami created from it.

10. waspish

waspish

If we the champs league it’s our year like it was when they won champs league and there players scooped all the awards.