Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Carlo, there I've said it

He knows the score.

The media is infested with the ****s. Ferguson and United fans always used to say it back in the ’90s. I used to think they were being oversensitive but they were right. The media is completely infested with the ****s. The only thing is now it’s also got a dirty Rag infestation n’all. A double-whammy for us!

Liverpool do get better press and I heard someone say its because they have done it the hard and proper way. Yeah right. It's a complete disgrace. Most of the media probably support Liverpool and are likely in their 40s and 50s.

I want to focus on why there have been matches that haven't been put to bed and why the form has dropped but overall its very hard to given the injustice. I don't normally sign up to forums but I have such anger I need some platform to vent. Liverpool are not as good as being made out and I'm going to put it out there.. Heard it here first.... City will still win the league. Liverpool will drop points and lose across January and February and then it will be the biggest bottle drop since Gerrard. Justice will be done.
Most of them don't know about winning the pools,where their own huge money came from long before our owner turned up

I'd like to explain to the Liverpool fans on here why we are reluctant to give their team credit.

First, the playing field hasn't been level wrt refereeing decisions. City haven't had any favourable decisions prior to the last 1-2 games, Liverpool have had several such decisions influencing the final results of some games. Had the playing field been level you would have been 8-9 pts clear and not 14 with a game in hand. In other words, knowing what happened last season, and that Laporte and Sane will be back soon, we would have stood a chance to win the league again.

Second, the playing field hasn't been level wrt the fixtures schedule. The Christmas schedule was blatantly weighted in Liverpool's favour.

Third, the media is full with Liverpool supporters who have been reluctant to give creidt to City. Some journos have gone to great lengths to criticise the club, its owners, etc.

Fourth, it's a myth that Liverpool fans were giving credit to City during the last two seasons. They were/are constantly talking about us being financially doped by human rights abusers etc.

Fifth, the attack on the coach was infuriating and your club and the local authorities did feck all to identify and punish the attackers.

Last edited:
Liverpool do get better press and I heard someone say its because they have done it the hard and proper way. Yeah right.
It’s an utterly preposterous thing to suggest - and the Littlewoods financial doping is the tip of the iceberg. Once that gave them a dominant position within the English game, they conspired with others, in a series of moves, to fix the rules around finance in football to keep themselves there. This should be manifest to anyone prepared to read up on the subject. Anyone who has more than a rudimentary knowledge around domestic football from the late 70’s through to the early 90’s will be aware of this. This connivance was designed expressly with the intent of giving those few clubs a financial advantage over others that they hadn’t previously enjoyed, in order to cement their position at the top of the English game; and what’s more it worked, with the arguable exception of Everton.

Anyone who describes that source of enduring domination as ‘hard’ or ‘proper’ is suffering from a mental disorder, or simply isn’t aware of the historical backdrop, presumably because they are a bit thick.

I’m happy to engage. Do you agree and accept that for whatever reason your club gets a far more positive media presence than us?

I do agree yes. It feels from my perspective that the media constantly suck up to us. Like a “we love you, we love you, we love you”. Punditry wise, there are so many ex Pool pundits around. No idea what the split is, but every time a programme is on feels as though someone with an affiliation to Pool is there. Is annoying sometimes, even for me, as I like to hear different/unbiased views and opinions.

Your sentiment is fine and in a perfect world it would be wonderful if we could all engage in harmonious discussion but the reality is we can't. That in general is football because it is tribal and reduces many rational fans to their primordial low. I include myself in that, it's a fault fo mine but it is how it is and suspect how many fans of every club feel.
Liverpool by results alone have been the better team this season no issue with that. What gets my goat is the way the great British media distort facts and truth to make Liverpool out to be better than they are and dismiss any achievement by City.
Over my 54 years I have never had a pleasurable experience at Anfield from watching my dad getting attacked when I was nine to having listened to on of your finest call a city supporter a Manc Twat. So for me over the period of watching and supporting City your club has done it's best to tarnish it's reputation, all under the banner of scouse humour. It's been said before so I won't labour the point but the coach attack sunk to new lows and that I find unforgivable. So no matter what Liverpool achieve I will never respect it. Yes a fault in my personality but I can live with it.

Fair post. Covered the bit about the media above, can appreciate it’s annoying more so for fans outside of Pool. Sorry to hear what happened to your Dad at Anfield. Agree with the Coach attack, commented a few times before on that on here, so similar to you, I won’t go over the same ground again. Fair enough post though.

It’s only the Liverpool fans who have joined recently, many pretending to be blues, who get the grief.
Posters tend to react to subtle digs that aren’t subtle at all.

I tried making a joke about those posters the other day but it went very south, very quickly. Someone thought I was arranging pre match drinks on here lol. Again I get that, just say who you are and who you support, simples.

... you mean the way that the mods of RAWK allow others into their cultfest wank circle???...and thanks to the actions of gloating livarscum filth, Mirrorsport now don't even allow comments on the vast majority of MCFC articles on the Evening Echo.

GFY you obnoxious prick.

I’m not a member on RAWK so I’m unable to comment on that, was many many years back but had a few falling outs on there so decided to leave.

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you have a good 2020.

I do agree yes. It feels from my perspective that the media constantly suck up to us. Like a “we love you, we love you, we love you”. Punditry wise, there are so many ex Pool pundits around. No idea what the split is, but every time a programme is on feels as though someone with an affiliation to Pool is there. Is annoying sometimes, even for me, as I like to hear different/unbiased views and opinions.
well, you're in the right place for different opinions. Not sure about unbiased though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.