Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really see their problem, any side that's spent as much as Liverpool should be competing for every competition they enter. Also think it's silly Pep whinging about too many games with the squad at his disposal. Keep hearing about how mentally strong they are but why are Van Dijk etc not demanding to play these games instead of allowing their manager to sabotage their chances of a trophy. Also never realised there wasn't a rule about a manager not showing up.

But the way things fall for them they'll probably go all the way with these half arsed teams and no manager.

If they win tomorrow they'll be 19 points in front, surely they could go further in the cup if they wanted I don't understand the fuss Klopp kicks up!

It's the victim mentality which he fully absorbed within the first fortnight of looking across the Murkey from Pier 'Ead, laa! The victim persona will fill more RDAHMeedya column inches from the demented than a straightforward win with the first team and Klippity getting pissed wet through in the techy area.

Imagine if we got an injury to a VVD or a Salah etc playing against Shrewsbury .

So rest them, do you only have 11 players ? I thought you were the bestest and biggest in the world, surely you have a few spare. Also if you are so loyal to the clan Liverpool, the fans should boycott it as well in solidarity with the manager and team.

So rest them, do you only have 11 players ? I thought you were the bestest and biggest in the world, surely you have a few spare. Also if you are so loyal to the clan Liverpool, the fans should boycott it as well in solidarity with the manager and team.
I think it makes perfect sense to utilise the first team players for the "blue chip"stuff and use the younger players +peripheral squad players were they can gain invaluable experience.So it's more or less a win\win for the whole squad.

And??? We lost Leroy in August, he is still not playing. Laporte is just coming back from long term injury. Does it occur to Pep to disrespect the cup comps? Not a chance. If u lived your life not doing things just in case an accident or injury occurs then u will lead a boring sad life
Pep has won the league already though so I think maybe there is a slight difference.

....but the same team beat Everton. A striker that scored the KO goal against Barcelona and the winning-goal in the Champions League started.

Lost in all this is that the team should've been good enough to beat Shrewsbury. And I don't begrudge them this, it's a fantastic deserved result for them--they have agency in this too.

While I'm ok with whatever team is picked in the replay though, i do think it's weird for him to not show up. Ok, let Salah rest, but it'd be nice for Klopp to show up to the sideline.
Liverpool could play a team of 11-year-olds and they'd still beat us tbf.

I actually think there's a bit more to this domestic cup thing.

Clearly Liverpools first 11 + subs is strong but what the various cup performances so far have shown is that there isn't much else in the cupboard.

We always rotate the team for the cups and over the past couple of years I think the approach has been vindicated as we have been successful at the same time we've not over relied on the main players. What is shown is that we can rotate and stay at a high level.

I think Klopp knows that the depth isn't there so he's gone down the route of playing REALLY weak teams and either got knocked out early or if they have got past a couple of rounds (like this year) when they struggle he's got a ready made excuse. They and their media cronies keep devaluing the domestic cups to make it seem like they don't really matter. If they managed to win the FA Cup for example you can bet it would matter then!

So I think this is a bit of a smokescreen for their lack of depth.

So as usual with them, nothing is quite as it seems.

I actually think there's a bit more to this domestic cup thing.

Clearly Liverpools first 11 + subs is strong but what the various cup performances so far have shown is that there isn't much else in the cupboard.

We always rotate the team for the cups and over the past couple of years I think the approach has been vindicated as we have been successful at the same time we've not over relied on the main players. What is shown is that we can rotate and stay at a high level.

I think Klopp knows that the depth isn't there so he's gone down the route of playing REALLY weak teams and either got knocked out early or if they have got past a couple of rounds (like this year) when they struggle he's got a ready made excuse. They and their media cronies keep devaluing the domestic cups to make it seem like they don't really matter. If they managed to win the FA Cup for example you can bet it would matter then!

So I think this is a bit of a smokescreen for their lack of depth.

So as usual with them, nothing is quite as it seems.

He acts like he thinks like the domestic cups are insignificant and not worth the bother, we won the treble/quad last year and the media still fawned over the dippers who put all their eggs into one basket and won one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.