Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amaizing that in their best season ever they have a worse ratio of created vs conceded chances than City. City have been way better at creating chances and about equal at conceding chances. That Liverpool have dropped only 5 pts all season (and since March last year) with such performances is a travesty. Yes, they are a great team but have punched well above their height points wise. Unseen luck that.

They looked very poor both against W Ham and Watford and could have conceded not 5 but 8-9 goals in both games. They look unable to defend. Something strange is going on. Or maybe something logical given they haven't rotated much. They'll be quite nervous about the next 3 games. If they fail to beat Chelsea and Bournemouth, panic will set in.

Just catching up on motd.....dont know about tactical fouling, but the dippers tried to kick the sh*t out of Watford (and thats just the highlights they did show)

It's amaizing that in their best season ever they have a worse ratio of created vs conceded chances than City. City have been way better at creating chances and about equal at conceding chances. That Liverpool have dropped only 5 pts all season (and since March last year) with such performances is a travesty. Yes, they are a great team but have punched well above their height points wise. Unseen luck that.

They looked very poor both against W Ham and Watford and could have conceded not 5 but 8-9 goals in both games. They look unable to defend. Something strange is going on. Or maybe something logical given they haven't rotated much. They'll be quite nervous about the next 3 games. If they fail to beat Chelsea and Bournemouth, panic will set in.

Liverpool have been very good for 2 and a bit years now, they got some momentum going when they reached the champs league final in 2018 and have maintained the consistency up until now. We witnessed this with City over the last two seasons as well, then all of sudden a wall is hit. I saw them the other week v Norwich and they were awful, boring football and creating nothing.

Are they now getting to the point where Klopp ended up with Dortmund? Using the same group of players solid without a break for 2 years. We’ve seen ourselves players who looked like lions for us last year suddenly fall off a cliff form wise this season. To get themselves where they are this year they’ve tried to bomb out of every cup competition early and I think if they go beyond this round of the champs league they will get found out. Which brings me to the conclusion of is just concentrating on the league as impressive as our last two seasons where we went out to win everything. Greatest premier league champions ever? My arse.

Last edited:
Lifted (stolen?) off the caff's LiVARpool thread...

Screenshot-20200301-085654-Chrome.jpg

I tell you, not much gets past those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.