Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've looked vulnerable for a while now. I think they're looking a little leggy too. Didn't watch the match but sounds like they were well beaten
Klopp has pretty much played the same 15 players constantly for 18 months now. Most of them have had around 5-6 weeks off during that time.

I definitely think it's catching up with them. Just a little too late for us to catch them though

Last edited:
Liverpool have been very good for 2 and a bit years now, they got some momentum going when they reached the champs league final in 2018 and have maintained the consistency up until now. We witnessed this with City over the last two seasons as well, then all of sudden a wall is hit. I saw them the other week v Norwich and they were awful, boring football and creating nothing.
I think this is a very important point. They're essentially a year further down the road than their trophy count suggests, as last season saw them go through all the intensity, pressure and strain of winning a league season, just without actually winning it.

I'd be surprised if they can maintain those kind of standards for a third straight season if our own experiences are anything to go by.

They are a fantastic side who have been playing well and full of confidence
Hopefully this and athletico just puts that but if self doubt in there which will help for next season
Still think they have poor squad depth
If we beat them that would help a bit as well

Watched with Liverpool fan and asked if that Scottish fucker was playing today, they weren't sure - and that was over half hour in.
Never seen a team where so many players went missing.... Mentioned the dope tester was there raised the banter up a level .

If they dont get a 100 points after winning 27 of the first 28 that will really put into perspective how amazing that feat was by us

I hate to say this I really do but Liverpool have been exceptional this season and deserve the title ( Gag reflex initiated) although if you join the West Ham game and the Athletico- Watford games together you can see that they are tired, they have used that small first team squad too much and it's telling.

If Chelsea do them then I can see the wheels falling off to some extent and they'll crash out of the chumps league wont hit 100 points and finish the season falling over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.