Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool fans will rightly say that the only thing that matters for them this season is the league, but it goes to show how difficult 100 points/unbeaten/trebles (classic or domestic or cup) are, and those are now the markers for "best premier league teams" of all time. If they go on to do 100 points + or a double, then fair play to them. We were lucky for stretches in our runs, particularly in the centurion season, but I do agree with posters that say the Liverpool of the run in last year were stronger, and I do have a feeling that now they've picked up a few defeats a few more will come.

Have the press been talking up "treble" talk? It always felt like whenever we got to January that was all Pep was asked, but I must admit I don't pay much attention.

It's given me immense pleasure too and I think it's wonderful. The problem is it's come too late to deny them the title. The whole country is heartily sick of having them rammed down our throat's and the fawning over them by the media. If these defeats would have happened earlier it would have got into their heads and wobbled them. Some of their opponent's have been pathetic and just rolled over. They should have done what they did to us, roughed them up, got in their faces, pressed them, defended in depth, hit them on the break. Instead they ridiculously tried playing out from the back, for some a game alien to them.

Let's hope Atletico finish the job in the champions league. That leaves one trophy again and they can't consider themselves a great side just going balls deep in one every season. Fuck them and the fawning media.
This. Your fans don't rub it in people's faces (well, maybe rags but I can understand that) as much as that lot do. Amazingly, when a bunch of people give it the big one and act like they're better than you because they support a football team, other people might not like it. It's nice knowing other teams hate them as much as we do. Hopefully other teams* will see Chelsea and Watford and think, "If they can..."

* Not including Everton, although at least the next derby is at Goodison and not Castle Greyskull

Scoring less than the team 20 odd points behind is the most ominous stat as it shows how marginal your wins have been... but the same Media keep that Quiet as it doesn’t fit the narrative.

Scoring less than the team 20 odd points behind despite having the bestest greatest front 3 the world has ever seen. World Champions ya know.

This. Your fans don't rub it in people's faces (well, maybe rags but I can understand that) as much as that lot do. Amazingly, when a bunch of people give it the big one and act like they're better than you because they support a football team, other people might not like it. It's nice knowing other teams hate them as much as we do. Hopefully other teams* will see Chelsea and Watford and think, "If they can..."

* Not including Everton, although at least the next derby is at Goodison and not Castle Greyskull

We don't, well not the old hands, because we remember what it was like to get turned over by the old top four everytime we played them and have our noses rubbed in it. Also what the media and a lot of fans of other clubs conveniently forget is we were a top club long before the takeover. Years of mismanagement by Swales and his cronies left us light years behind it is true, but we weren't just invented in 2008, we just regained the financial muscle to compete again at the top level and redress the mess.

Most Blues are humble but when we get unfair criticism from the media and other clubs fans I'm afraid there will be some, "Fuck it, let's rub it in" when we win a game or trophy and I'm fine with that.

Liverpool as a club and their fans have always thought they were better and more special than everyone else, even their slogan says it. People have forgotten how vile they were but their recent success has now reminded everyone. Like the rags, once you have them down never let them up or you will live to regret it.

We don't, well not the old hands, because we remember what it was like to get turned over by the old top four everytime we played them and have our noses rubbed in it. Also what the media and a lot of fans of other clubs conveniently forget is we were a top club long before the takeover. Years of mismanagement by Swales and his cronies left us light years behind it is true, but we weren't just invented in 2008, we just regained the financial muscle to compete again at the top level and redress the mess.

Most Blues are humble but when we get unfair criticism from the media and other clubs fans I'm afraid there will be some, "Fuck it, let's rub it in" when we win a game or trophy and I'm fine with that.

Liverpool as a club and their fans have always thought they were better and more special than everyone else, even their slogan says it. People have forgotten how vile they were but their recent success has now reminded everyone. Like the rags, once you have them down never let them up or you will live to regret it.
To be fair I would say that they are rather more special than a lot of fans.

Can we now all agree on the glaring obvious:

Liverpool's defence can be got at.

The media won't let this fact slip but surely opposing managers can see it.

It is not easy to win the domestic treble,you have to be all in and commit to it,what we did was amazing,they are finding out only the best teams can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.