Liverpool thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Team supported:
    The Only Team in Manchester!
    Maybe Cloughie was like Pep, and set out to win every competition his team entered, unlike certain other managers I could mention.

2. pudge

pudge

Yet when presented with the actual format of each competition and how they drastically differ you fold.

I bet you'd brag to Usain Bolt about winning the egg and spoon race in Primary School.

Also, "have a good evening" is what one says when they've been shown their arse and have nothing to add.

3. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Alex Ferguson said the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    To win the CL you don't need to be the best team in the CL or the best team in your league.

When you last won the CL to enter you finished 25 point behind the league winners and finished second in the league when you won it. How can you be the best in Europe when you are second best in your country ?

BrianW and JULES like this.
  5. Footballing greats Steve Finnan, Milan Baros and Harry Kewell can vouch for the best team theory.

6. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

So has Pep

7. Greggery Peccary

Greggery Peccary

Team supported:
    Liverpool
    The lesser team was playing against the best team in the competition. Unfortunately, the best team couldn’t handle the pressure when the screw turned against them. They might have been the best on paper but they didn’t do it when it counts. That’s what’s important - what you do when it really matters. You can call it luck, mentality, skill or whatever, but the ones who do it take the spoils. That’s in the league, CL, or Sunday League.

8. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

Because when this means more there are different rules?

9. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

I'm prob a rarity at least on the bluemoon forum that I would love to see City win the Champions league.
    I think it would be great for City and prove a long if people wrong.

eastmanc likes this.
  10. Breadsnapper

Breadsnapper

Have I got this right? Any trophy the dippers have won is dead dead dead important and any trophy they haven't won is dead dead dead unimportant. And we should all agree that this is the correct view point.