Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about your collective viewpoint but I can definitely tell you that no Liverpool fan I know thinks any trophy is unimportant. I know everyone of them wants to win the league title, European Cup, FA Cup, League Cup every single year. Our manager is less enthused for the cup comps but anyone with half an eye on the game can see that he doesn’t have a squad big enough to play the way he does on four fronts. Could FSG spend more? Probably. But at the end of the day, he’s had us in a European final every year he’s been here and now on the verge of the league. I love the FA & League Cups, been to Wembley & Cardiff for nearly all of them and I’m sure our next manager might do things differently, but for what we get served up in the league & CL, I’m more than happy for him to put his faith in the kids. And one or two or so have shown the manager they may be ready to start getting a proper squad number. Hard to complain really.

But you won't really have won the PL will you? If it restarts it restarts as a different competition, the rules will be different. So how do you gain any pride, fulfilment or satisfaction in winning it. I am sure your fellow fans do want to win everything of course they do as....... It means more. Does klopps attitude towards the cups not disrespect your fans then? Does it show him to be a poor manager that he can't manage his team/squad? FSG have spent plenty so I don't see that as an excuse.

But you won't really have won the PL will you? If it restarts it restarts as a different competition, the rules will be different. So how do you gain any pride, fulfilment or satisfaction in winning it. I am sure your fellow fans do want to win everything of course they do as....... It means more. Does klopps attitude towards the cups not disrespect your fans then? Does it show him to be a poor manager that he can't manage his team/squad? FSG have spent plenty so I don't see that as an excuse.

How does it start as a different competition? The games from this season will be completed one way or the other. My own take is that the games shouldn’t start until 2021, but that’s by the by. Regardless, it’s highly likely we’ll get the six points we need and then we’re champions whatever happens. And for how we’ve played this season, I’ll be more than proud. I’m not certain why you think anything any Liverpool fans do is governed by some banal marketing slogan, but that’s up to you.
As I’ve said, we simply don’t have a big enough squad to play the way we do on four fronts. The fans largely accept this because we can see what he’s doing and the results he’s getting. The added bonus of the kids doing really well this year has given a bit of a new, if brief, romance to the Cups. It’s been great watching them clearly thriving under Klopp’s system. We could go and spunk money on a midfielder to replace Lallana but why when Curtis Jones has shown that he deserves a shot at that. For that sort of youth squad development, it’s turned out great. Not great for days out at Wembley but when you’re getting the good stuff elsewhere, it’s a lot easier to swallow.

How does it start as a different competition? The games from this season will be completed one way or the other. My own take is that the games shouldn’t start until 2021, but that’s by the by. Regardless, it’s highly likely we’ll get the six points we need and then we’re champions whatever happens. And for how we’ve played this season, I’ll be more than proud. I’m not certain why you think anything any Liverpool fans do is governed by some banal marketing slogan, but that’s up to you.
As I’ve said, we simply don’t have a big enough squad to play the way we do on four fronts. The fans largely accept this because we can see what he’s doing and the results he’s getting. The added bonus of the kids doing really well this year has given a bit of a new, if brief, romance to the Cups. It’s been great watching them clearly thriving under Klopp’s system. We could go and spunk money on a midfielder to replace Lallana but why when Curtis Jones has shown that he deserves a shot at that. For that sort of youth squad development, it’s turned out great. Not great for days out at Wembley but when you’re getting the good stuff elsewhere, it’s a lot easier to swallow.
Everyone has the same amount of players,he has spent plenty,he could have spent more wisely and had a deeper squad,the answer is to do that not throw two competitions and bleat he doesn't have the squad,he has been there plenty long enough to sort it out

The restart takes away home advantage,no var when you have already heavily benefited from it,squads disadvantaged by losing players out of contract and not being able to replace them,e.g. David Silva ,players will be in isolation,maybe whole teams,this is not a competition with integrity intact,that is why it is a nonsense to complete it under different rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.