Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good swerve... but I think you quite enjoy playing games until you get cornered

Aside from the fact the answer to the question of a multitude of factors culminating in what happened that night being in multiple posts from me you mean?

Whether anyone wants to acknowledge them/ believe them is neither here nor there. I aren’t getting into a P contest over memories I don’t like revisiting to begin with. But I’ve been very clear, through numerous posts, on a personal account on one of the worst days of my life. Something that weighs very heavy on a lot of older Reds and always will.

So you’ll have to excuse me but repeatedly answering to try and fit a narrative isn’t my thing.

Last edited:
That’s fine, you don’t have to believe him, but it remains that your entire argument is based on nothing other than conjecture. To suggest it was deliberate is fanciful at best, you’re trying to make the facts fit your view which you can’t do by direct & clear association, you’re resorting to ‘I think he did it deliberately’ which you can only do by conjecture and your own prejudices against Liverpool fans. That’s sound, crack on, but don’t make it out to be some open and shut case for the prosecution. I identified with his post straightaway to highlight how memories are made and one of your own picked up on it and agreed too. It’s sound to have different opinions but they’re not necessarily fact.
Prejudices against Liverpool fans? Now who’s basing their argument on conjecture? You don’t know me.

Prejudices against Liverpool fans? Now who’s basing their argument on conjecture? You don’t know me.

I’m basing it on what you’ve written in response to the information you were given by him. It matters nothing to me, you’re entitled to think or believe what you want. I’m not looking for a row or anything, far from it. Happy to talk about football all day long though.

I’m basing it on what you’ve written in response to the information you were given by him. It matters nothing to me, you’re entitled to think or believe what you want. I’m not looking for a row or anything, far from it. Happy to talk about football all day long though.
Then please don’t. There was a decent poster on here some years ago (might still be on here) who repeatedly disagreed with me that City and United fans were shouting Celtic / Rangers at each other at the 5-1 derby. I didn’t believe his version of events. Does that make me prejudiced against City fans?

I think that KloppitE’s memory of his trip may well have been altered over the years by older people who were with him. It happens to us all. None of us remember anything perfectly.

Aside from the fact the answer to the question of a multitude of factors culminating in what happened that night being in multiple posts from me you mean?

Whether anyone wants to acknowledge them/ believe them is neither here nor there. I aren’t getting into P contest over memories I don’t like revisiting to begin with. But I’ve been very clear, through numerous posts, on a personal account on one of the worst days of my life. Something that weighs very heavy on a lot of older Reds and always will.

So you’ll have to excuse me but repeatedly answering to try and fit a narrative isn’t my thing.
Clearly

That’s fine, you don’t have to believe him, but it remains that your entire argument is based on nothing other than conjecture. To suggest it was deliberate is fanciful at best, you’re trying to make the facts fit your view which you can’t do by direct & clear association, you’re resorting to ‘I think he did it deliberately’ which you can only do by conjecture and your own prejudices against Liverpool fans. That’s sound, crack on, but don’t make it out to be some open and shut case for the prosecution. I identified with his post straightaway to highlight how memories are made and one of your own picked up on it and agreed too. It’s sound to have different opinions but they’re not necessarily fact.
Speaking of 'facts'...tell us more about the 8 Dippers that died at Heysel.....

Then please don’t. There was a decent poster on here some years ago (might still be on here) who repeatedly disagreed with me that City and United fans were shouting Celtic / Rangers at each other at the 5-1 derby. I didn’t believe his version of events. Does that make me prejudiced against City fans?

I think that KloppitE’s memory of his trip may well have been altered over the years by older people who were with him. It happens to us all. None of us remember anything perfectly.

I won’t comment on the second point as they’re not my memories but nobody remembers everything perfectly. For the better or worse.
On your first point, I’m not sure what point you’re making? You’re talking about a disagreement of events in that instance whereas here it’s about an interpretation and subjective assessment of an entire day and it’s influence on a tragedy a year later. Not even remotely in the same ballpark. One is a simple yes and no - did it happen? The other is an assessment of one day that you have used to form an assessment of another. But I can well believe you about the Celtic/Rangers chants, they were in Anfield and Goodison in the late 80s.

I really miss the ‘Celtic/ Rangers’ chant every week the Kop. Used to love that.

I have a split L’pool/ Rangers bobble hat somewhere in the house from way back when.

Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.