Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few went out under Hodgson and the indiscriminate attacks were severely vicious. Mostly picking off ones and twos as is the ____house scooter boy mentality. And there’d been a few months strike in the city so rubbish was piled high on every street corner.

The flip side of all that, was by the time of the return, stories had grown on the attacks and the retribution, from lads that weren’t even in Naples, on anyone remotely Italian looking, were disgraceful in one of the worst Anfield nights for violence the PL era.

Then, 10 years or so later, you think it’d be sound to go back but it was even more of a dirty, squalid ____hole and even more unwelcoming and moody. The only fun part of that trip was a boss day in Bologna the way home.

Inter was ironically one of the few I’ve jibbed since we’ve been back in Europe. Silly personal thing of having a big thing for Milan ever since bonds were formed with their wonderful gesture the European Cup semi the Wednesday after our lowest ebb in Sheffield. So when I finally get to go to the San Siro, I want it to be against Milan. Shrugs.

Romes always dodgy for us as Roma hate us with a passion form ‘84. And 2001 was particularly naughty.

This is how F Italy is ..... when we played in Florence, the amount of free drink offers flying around was unreal. All down to Fiorentina’s hatred of Juventus and their loss at Heysel. They treated us like heroes which was cringe to say the least.
Utterly sick but utterly Italian football fans.
Yeh that's a pretty strange take on life.........

Check out the flag at 4.55 'Munich 58, LFC. Are you watching Manchester' What cheeky chappies those lovely people are. Utter scum, always have been always will be.

Hahaha...so no City fans have ever sung Munich songs? Okay mate, if you like.

Then please don’t. There was a decent poster on here some years ago (might still be on here) who repeatedly disagreed with me that City and United fans were shouting Celtic / Rangers at each other at the 5-1 derby. I didn’t believe his version of events. Does that make me prejudiced against City fans?

I think that KloppitE’s memory of his trip may well have been altered over the years by older people who were with him. It happens to us all. None of us remember anything perfectly.
It's true - as previously showing myself up on here with 'memories' of watching fake Oasis after the last game at Maine Road.

The mind definitely plays tricks.......... :-)

Hahaha...so no City fans have ever sung Munich songs? Okay mate, if you like.

I’d just leave it mate.

A tawdry back and forth on the ills of respective fanbases, which is all those type of posts you responded to ever devolve into, does nobody any good.

I’d just leave it mate.

A tawdry back and forth on the ills of respective fanbases, which is all those type of posts you responded to ever devolve into, does nobody any good.

That’s been my MO from day one here. I’m happy to reply to the points about the football and am happy to defend certain things, but once it all starts getting nasty and malicious, I just fuck it off. It’s a shame because there are some great posters here. It’s not a coincidence that they’re all seasoned match goers too, they get they’re talking to real fans, not Internet windups or pretend hard cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.