Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter away was a great trip, party from start to finish. I’ve not been to Naples but I’m not really one for the front line and be arsed with, like you say, looking over your shoulder constantly. As an example Tottenham away way back then was on your guard time after the game, but this is another level. Mind, I was saying the other day that our first return Napoli home game had all kinds of madness outside, loads from both sides bang at it.

Get a room.

Inter away was a great trip, party from start to finish. I’ve not been to Naples but I’m not really one for the front line and be arsed with, like you say, looking over your shoulder constantly. As an example Tottenham away way back then was on your guard time after the game, but this is another level. Mind, I was saying the other day that our first return Napoli home game had all kinds of madness outside, loads from both sides bang at it.

Very few went out under Hodgson and the indiscriminate attacks were severely vicious. Mostly picking off ones and twos as is the ____house scooter boy mentality. And there’d been a few months strike in the city so rubbish was piled high on every street corner.

The flip side of all that, was by the time of the return, stories had grown on the attacks and the retribution, from lads that weren’t even in Naples, on anyone remotely Italian looking, were disgraceful in one of the worst Anfield nights for violence the PL era.

Then, 10 years or so later, you think it’d be sound to go back but it was even more of a dirty, squalid ____hole and even more unwelcoming and moody. The only fun part of that trip was a boss day in Bologna the way home.

Inter was ironically one of the few I’ve jibbed since we’ve been back in Europe. Silly personal thing of having a big thing for Milan ever since bonds were formed with their wonderful gesture the European Cup semi the Wednesday after our lowest ebb in Sheffield. So when I finally get to go to the San Siro, I want it to be against Milan. Shrugs.

Romes always dodgy for us as Roma hate us with a passion form ‘84. And 2001 was particularly naughty.

This is how F Italy is ..... when we played in Florence, the amount of free drink offers flying around was unreal. All down to Fiorentina’s hatred of Juventus and their loss at Heysel. They treated us like heroes which was cringe to say the least.

Utterly sick but utterly Italian football fans.

Well, I wouldn’t take my teenage kids these days to a game like that. Might be wrong, but I don’t even reckon Kloppite’s dad would either for that matter. There are some fixtures abroad where a certain type of fan will be fine and a certain type will be picked off for doing absolutely nothing. Adults yes, kids no for me. I assume you’re from Manchester and you know United fans. Ask any of them who went to Rome what it’s like in and around that bridge before and after the game. That game and place aren’t for the young ones.
City have played there you know. We won 2-0. I know the reputation of the place. I’m not sure you’ve read KloppitE’s account of the two finals because you’re challenging me on my reaction to it on moot points. I am in no doubt about Roma so don’t need to ask my red mates.

I’ll explain it one more time. I think the mention of other accents on the boat the day before is deliberately done to sow the seed that it wasn’t just Liverpool fans present that night. He goes on to say that there were fans outside with Union Jack t-shirts on and inter-club fights breaking out. One Liverpool official claims that some Chelsea fans told him that the 6 of them were able to convince over a thousand Liverpool fans to charge the neutral zone. Another mentions that some Southerners had fake tickets but refused to show them.

All three accounts appear to claim that trouble occurred because of the presence of fans of other English clubs. I find all three difficult to believe.

I am getting slightly confused, was Heysel the one where Chelsea fans pushed an innocent tourist into a fountain for 'bantz' or perhaps it was the one where they smashed a paving stone down on an innocent waiters head ?
The trouble is Chelsea fans are involved in so many violent incidents on foreign soil they tend to merge into one.

Inter was ironically one of the few I’ve jibbed since we’ve been back in Europe. Silly personal thing of having a big thing for Milan ever since bonds were formed with their wonderful gesture the European Cup semi the Wednesday after our lowest ebb in Sheffield. So when I finally get to go to the San Siro, I want it to be against Milan. Shrugs.
Think you’ve missed the boat there. It’s being demolished isn’t it? Glad I got to see City there this season, albeit against Atalanta rather than one of the Milan sides.

Think you’ve missed the boat there. It’s being demolished isn’t it? Glad I got to see City there this season, albeit against Atalanta rather than one of the Milan sides.

Yeah, sadly. We’re throwing around going out for a weekend before they move. Or should I say we were before the pandemic irrevocably changed the whole landscape.

The lads who I regularly travel with, all seasoned European travellers, all agree that’s the best stadium they’ve ever had the privilege of visiting so I’m slightly envious of you lol.

I am getting slightly confused, was Heysel the one where Chelsea fans pushed an innocent tourist into a fountain for 'bantz' or perhaps it was the one where they smashed a paving stone down on an innocent waiters head ?
The trouble is Chelsea fans are involved in so many violent incidents on foreign soil they tend to merge into one.
And usually when Chelsea aren’t even playing in that particular city on that particular date.

City have played there you know. We won 2-0. I know the reputation of the place. I’m not sure you’ve read KloppitE’s account of the two finals because you’re challenging me on my reaction to it on moot points. I am in no doubt about Roma so don’t need to ask my red mates.

I’ll explain it one more time. I think the mention of other accents on the boat the day before is deliberately done to sow the seed that it wasn’t just Liverpool fans present that night. He goes on to say that there were fans outside with Union Jack t-shirts on and inter-club fights breaking out. One Liverpool official claims that some Chelsea fans told him that the 6 of them were able to convince over a thousand Liverpool fans to charge the neutral zone. Another mentions that some Southerners had fake tickets but refused to show them.

All three accounts appear to claim that trouble occurred because of the presence of fans of other English clubs. I find all three difficult to believe.

That’s fine, you don’t have to believe him, but it remains that your entire argument is based on nothing other than conjecture. To suggest it was deliberate is fanciful at best, you’re trying to make the facts fit your view which you can’t do by direct & clear association, you’re resorting to ‘I think he did it deliberately’ which you can only do by conjecture and your own prejudices against Liverpool fans. That’s sound, crack on, but don’t make it out to be some open and shut case for the prosecution. I identified with his post straightaway to highlight how memories are made and one of your own picked up on it and agreed too. It’s sound to have different opinions but they’re not necessarily fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.