Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck have they got away with it for all these years? Don't other forces complain when they deal with their incompetence or is it brushed under the carpet?
It will be interesting to see the approach taken by GMP if some Liverpool fans turn up in force in Manchester next Thursday. Liverpool is a strange place. I witnessed the tail end of the bus attack before our Cl game at Anfield and it seemed clear to me there was collusion between the police and fans. Essentially the police aided and abetted the attack, even ensuring that our coach drove very slowly through the barrage.
There was no investigation into the police action or the actions of the fans that night and it all happened in plain view. There was just a cover up and I suspect the same will happen after last night's disgrace. The media will not pursue it and neither will the authorities. They will pursue those who pulled down the statue in Bristol though....for political reasons.

wins the league and howls at the moon on an empty street. then quotes phil collins, they are a weird breed.

It will be interesting to see the approach taken by GMP if some Liverpool fans turn up in force in Manchester next Thursday. Liverpool is a strange place. I witnessed the tail end of the bus attack before our Cl game at Anfield and it seemed clear to me there was collusion between the police and fans. Essentially the police aided and abetted the attack, even ensuring that our coach drove very slowly through the barrage.
There was no investigation into the police action or the actions of the fans that night and it all happened in plain view. There was just a cover up and I suspect the same will happen after last night's disgrace. The media will not pursue it and neither will the authorities. They will pursue those who pulled down the statue in Bristol though....for political reasons.

i think they're more likely to go old trafford if they go anywhere at all. manchester police take no shit, hopefully crack a few of their heads.

Seen this posted on another site, a general boards thread. It’s enough to knock you sick. Admirable of them to ‘hang in there’ during 30 years of top half premier league finishes with 75% of them being in the top 6. I can’t stand them.

The gold of this thread has been hearing the personal experiences of fans across decades of hurt, anguish and almost did it. They hung in. And then the ecstasy of it all.

Many have family and friends along the 30 years who passed away and were pivotal in their memory of what it Is to be a Liverpool fan. There has been this cathartic effect, you wish people were around to see it but what can you do.

The best part is, many rival fans are genuinely happy, can see what a record breaking season this has been, but for the bitters, it’s pure Hell, and all I can say is Thanks
wink.png

There’s plenty more to come.
“What it is to be a Liverpool fan”

That encapsulates why they are so widely reviled. They genuinely (or at least a sizeable and significant number of them) believe that their club is different, and by extension, intrinsically better. It’s a ridiculously arrogant thing to believe and is, of course, rooted in crushing insecurity and wilful blindness.

I don’t think my club is better than any other, and never have, despite having the discernible benefit of supporting a club whose supporters haven’t killed 39 people attending a football match. That gives me a pretty good head start in the ‘my club’s better than yours’ stakes, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.